How do I know if I have an uncertified Roon Ready device?

Thank you - now I know for the future :smiley:

Limited integration is no issue for me as I just play through Roon UI on a tablet so the DSM is just used as an endpoint.

If there’s no DAC, there’s no extra functionality to control. So you only need Roon Bridge.

One slight point of confusion (I was confused about this myself) is that even though RoonBridge has more limited functionality, and is available for download by end-users, commercial redistribution requires an agreement with Roon. For example, the Metrum Ambre comes with a Ropieee microSD installed, and Metrum is a formal Roon partner, but the Ambre is not fully Roon Ready, it only offers the functionality of a Ropieee RoonBridge endpoint (with arguably better power supply and other circuitry, including optical isolation).

And it’s not quite correct to say that there’s no extra functionality to control, either. The latest RoPieee allows you to enable power-down of USB connections when not in use by Roon. This allows DACs which use this as a not-in-use indicator to detect it and shift to a standby mode. This was done specifically for the Topping line of DACs, to disable the front-panel display when no music is playing.

1 Like

Aha, thanks for that info. I’ve been feeding my D90 with plain Ropieee.

I wanted to reflash to XL anyway.

The power-off is in regular RoPieee. You need to look at the advanced tab of the Web interface to enable it.

1 Like

Yeah, my statement was a little ambiguous.

I’ve been meaning to update to XL so I can try JShiver thru DLNA on my headphone setup. Just for yuks, not that I intend to use the :poop:

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Issues seeing KEF LS50W

3 posts were split to a new topic: PS Audio Jr having trouble [solved]

A post was merged into an existing topic: A fix for Uncertified Roon Ready devices

4 posts were split to a new topic: Vitus RD-100, Roon cannot see a USB output