How do I make roon use embedded art for each track?

Would that work if files are WAV? I didn’t think you could embed art into a WAV file itself?

+1. This is almost a deal-breaker for me. I’ve also spent lots of time making sure that cover art for various compilations albums represents the original artwork of the track, not some random image chosen at the time of compilation.

3 Likes

Another vote for this feature from me: I’ve a few albums where each track has unique art embedded: That this doesn’t show on the display when listening is a disappointment.

1 Like

I have had no trouble embedding artwork for individual files. Roon displays the embedded artwork for each individual track correctly. Maybe this helps:

• I embed the artwork using Yate, an ID3-tag application (Mac OS), but there are plenty of apps for this. I started using this app when I found out that artwork I thought was embedded by iTunes, actually wasn’t embedded at all (my own sloppy work).

• In your Roon settings, General, the second option gives the opportunity to have more artwork for an album. This has to be switched ON.

• Roon Support provided me with a simple trick to a different artwork problem: In Roon settings, Setup, clear the cache for artwork/images. I rebooted the Roon core afterwards and it solved my issues with artwork.

1 Like

I would be happy with a unique album cover for multi-disc albums (e.g. box sets).

This doesn’t work. It just displays the embedded artwork from one of the tracks in a album, rather than the embedded artwork for the track playing.
You wouldn’t have thought it would be much work to implement.

+1 for this feature request.

I have been thinking about making the leap to Roon for a long time now and I just started my trial. I have to say that the experience so far has been fantastic in every way but this.

I have been using foobar2000 for many years and had simply assumed that Roon would be an upgrade across the board but this might be a deal breaker for me.

I am going to see how it goes for a few more days but it feels pretty bad to lose that special connection you get from the visual combined with the music.

+1. Sadly, this is one thing that Apple’s app does very well…

Yes this is annoying, because almost every other program can fully read, insert, export or display the embedded data. Foobar2000 even flexible and without file (external tag) e.g. for Spotify stream. In this point Roon is a step backwards.

Adds tagging support for non-taggable file formats. The tags can be stored in SQLite database or written as external files to the same directory as the target audio files.

The temporary solution is to first export all images and put them in the artist / album folder. Unfortunately Roon makes even more images in the Roon folder, the number of files explodes in this concept and whether all sizes and formats are always accepted remains to be tested.

Hi, I just discovered this thread and would like to add my interest in this feature, too. I am just re-discovering Roon and thinking about a lifetime subscription. Having that feature would probably win me over.

Same thing, I’ve some album with compilation of single and it will be great to use the embedded artwork for each tracks when playing (and keep the one of the album in the global search too)

Also looking for this feature. I have a number of ‘mixtapes’ with different artists arranged into albums. It’d be nice to see the album art embedded into the specific track when playing on random.

This feature request has zero votes, despite all the plus ones. Roon look at votes, not +1’s. If it’s something you’d like, vote for it - as with any other feature request. Just sayin’….

2 Likes