How do I send two channel stereo to multi-channel DAC channels 9 and 10

Hi @support,

I am trying to send standard two channel output to my audio interface (Prism Sound Orpheus) channels 9 and 10 (which is the SPDIF output for that interface).

Other playback software I’ve used has some sort of channel offset that allows me to send to channels other than 1 and 2, or will bring up the ASIO control panel for the device to allow me to choose playback channels. I can’t find anything similar in Roon.

Is there a way to send the default stereo playback to channels 9 and 10 instead of 1 and 2?

Thanks,
Alan

Hello,

I tried asking this question in the software category but received no replies, so I am trying in the support category.

I am trying to send standard two channel output to my audio interface (Prism Sound Orpheus) channels 9 and 10 (which is the SPDIF output for that interface).

All other playback software I’ve used has some sort of channel offset that allows me to send to channels other than 1 and 2, or will bring up the ASIO control panel for the device to allow me to choose playback channels. I can’t find anything similar in Roon.

Is there a way to send the default stereo playback to channels 9 and 10 instead of 1 and 2?

Thank you,
Alan

Hi Alan,

I’ve merged your posts, moved to the support area and tagged support for you.

Hi Alan,

The Mix tool in Procedural EQ in the DSP Engine permits you to map input channels onto output channels:

Thanks for the response, but this doesn’t solve the problem because it only allows choice of channels 1 through 8, not the actual channels on the sound device. My spdif output channels are channels 9 and 10 on the Prism Orpheus DAC.

Hello @Alan_Jordan,

Thank you for the clear report, I’ve passed this on to the tech team for further investigation.

I am unable to confirm this myself, but you may be able to accomplish what you are looking for by using a custom convolution text configuration. You can read more about Roon’s convolution engine as well as how to create a convolver text configuration here. You would need to generate a flat/no-correction convolution filter using something like Room EQ Wizard to have the output routed through the convolution engine. I cannot guarantee this will work for you, as I do not have an 8+ channel interface to test with. I will be sure to update you on what the tech team has to say about this issue when they have completed their investigation.

-John

Hello @Alan_Jordan,

It has been brought to my attention that the “Show all channels” switch located in the Procedural EQ settings may unlock the ability to choose channel numbers higher than 8. I’ve highlighted the location of the switch in the screenshot below. Let me know if this resolves your issue!

-John

Hi John,

Thanks again for your response.

I finally was able to try this. The “Show all channels” does indeed allow me to choose from all of the channels, however, the mixing rules don’t work. When I turn Procedural EQ on and set up the mixing rules to map input 1 and 2 to other channels, I get no output whatsoever. If I turn on muxing rules and map input 1 and 2 to output 1 and 2, I still get output on channel 1 and 2, but I imaging the mixing rule is being ignored in this circumstance.

My DAC shows output levels on all channels on its front panel, so I can see if there is any output on a channel, and no matter what channel I map a mixing rule to other than the matching input and output channel, I get no output.

Thanks,

Alan

Hi Alan,

Are the DSP Engine and Procedural EQ both enabled ?

Hi Andy,

Yes they are.

Can’t see anything wrong there. Let’s see if @john can help further.