Soul Rebel
Exodus

Sorted under “B”

And

Bob Marley & the Wailers
Uprising
Legend

Sorted under “M”

For the life of me I can not see why they would be separated like this? Can anyone give me a clue what could be wrong with my Tags?

That’s strange, I would expect all of these to sort to B, since “Bob Marley & the Wailers” are a group, not a person.

When an album is properly identified, Roon should be able to distinguish between Bob Dylan (which could sort to B or D, depending on your sort preferences) and The Rolling Stones (which should always sort to R, since we ignore “The” and bands don’t have last names).

I just checked all the Marley in my collection, and all these albums are sorted as I’d expect. Maybe you can post a few screenshots of the Album screen for Uprising and Legend?

Mike,

Thanks for the reply. After looking at Uprising it has Bob Marley & the Wailers then under this it has Bob Marley. The Same with Legends. Exodus and Soul Rebel only show Bob Marley & the Wailers with no Bob Marley. So it must be treating Uprising and Legend as Bob Marley the person, but cannot see where it is picking this up from…

Thanks,

Chuck

Have you checked your tags? I would use MP3Tag or the like and look under Extended tags as sometimes you’ll find a wrong tag under “Ensemble” or “Album Artist” as opposed to “Albumartist”.

Looks like both Bob Marley and Bob Marley & the Wailers are listed as primary artist in the metadata provided to Roon.

You can correct this by selecting Edit from the menu and then deselecting Bob Marley as primary artist. This should correct the sorting.

@dpstjp
Thanks for your reply - I did check that as that was my first thought but nothing unusual here.

@Jan_Koudijs
Thanks! This did the trick :slight_smile: Not sure how I missed seeing that. I know I have several other artist with the same issue so now I know how to fix.

1 Like