How to add all Qobuz Favorite albums to My Library Albums

We’re still waiting for him to clarify his report - are no Qobuz albums in his library, or is it a subset, and if the latter, what do they have in common?..

Yeah, I don’t know what to make of what he’s experiencing. I hope he can get it sorted soon.

I hope you have an enjoyable remainder of the weekend. I know it’s cold and perhaps snowy where you are. It’s a relatively cold, overcast, foggy day where I am here in the States. A big contrast from the unseasonably mild weather we experienced just a few days ago. But c’est la vie. Take care. Off to the music rec threads.

1 Like

Great that is working for you. For me it isn’t.
I will live with it, but I know I am not the only one where this is not working.
I rest my case.

I have never seen this problem. Here’s my Roon library with both Tidal and Qobuz versions, then with just Qobuz. Make sure you choose “Show hidden albums” if you want to see from more than one source (Tidal, Qobuz, local). I almost always add Tidal or Qobuz albums from within Roon. Rarely do I add them from the Tidal or Qobuz app.

Right. It takes time to sync in Roon. If you went to settings service and forced a sync it would show up.

1 Like

Hey @Rugby, really enjoyed yesterday.

The issue for me wasn’t getting an album I’d hearted in the Qobuz web player to show up in Roon, it was what I first saw when I clicked on it in My Qobuz after it did. I could get it to immediately show by clicking the “refresh” icon at the top left of the My Qobuz page. The problem was if I clicked on the album, opening it in album view under the artist, the plus sign was still there, indicating that it hadn’t been added to my Roon library.

I’d normally just click the plus sign at that point and add it manually. But if you refer back to my posts, I didn’t do that today, and walked away from my laptop. When I came back a few minutes later I noticed the plus sign had changed to the spinning icon indicating Roon was in the process of adding it. So that indicated to me that this was a timing thing, contrary to what I thought, i.e, that Roon would never get around to adding it at all. Does that make sense? It’s a little convoluted to try and explain.

One thing to understand is the Qobuz view in Roon is using the Qobuz api and is a direct link to your account in Qobuz pretty much like it is in any app integrating Qobuz. So when you refresh Qobuz view it will update as the Qobuz end has been updated as that’s where you added the music. There does seem to be a limit on how many albums this view shows, possibly some api restriction or Roon just doesn’t think we need to see them all. It’s pretty horrible to find anything as you can’t filter anything.

Your Roon library is a very separate entity to this and the sync to add any new albums from the Qobuz app and it’s database to Roons database only happens periodically and is never instant due to the nature of how it all works. You can force a sync at any time from the services menu in settings to speed it up.

1 Like

It’s all nice and well, but I have the problem since august, that there is different behaviour between hearting in Qobuz webpage and Qobuz app.
I tested again this afternoon:
In Qobuz webpage, I hearted the new Roger Waters album. The album showed up almost immediately in My Qobuz. More than 8 hours later, even after a couple of forced synchronizations, it is still not added to My Library (and it will be like that 2 weeks from now).
I hearted the new Madonna release in the Qobuz app. 1 minute later it appeared in My Library.
I have ni clue why in my case, the api would work differently for webpage/app.

I just added this in Roon. Weird.

It is very odd as it works as it’s supposed to for me.

Yes, I agree that it is very odd, as it worked correctly till august.
But it is 100% consistent and repeatable.
It is also the only function (of those I use) that does not work. I have no other issues with neither Roon nor Qobuz.

Thank you all for your many reports and ideas. Unfortunately, none of them solved the problem.

I have now found a workaround to add all missing albums from Qobuz to Roon: Soundiiz

In Soundiiz I have selected all Qobuz albums and transferred them to the Soundiiz library first. In a second step I have transferred all abums from the Soundiiz library to Qobuz again.

Please note that I did not delete the albums in Qobuz before I re-added them.

Because I have re-added exactly the same albums, visually nothing changed in Qobuz.

But it did the trick for Roon: After the synchronization the missing albums all showed up in Roon!

There must have been a flag or a setting in the background of Qobuz that was updated which triggered Roon to import those albums to the library despite the fact they were favorites already before.

The number of albums in Roon increased by more than 100 - all the albums that were missing before!

It would be nice if Roon would always reliably synchronize all Qobuz albums automatically - despite the way they get added, be it with the Qobuz app or with a web browser.

For future additions of albums I will watch closely if Roon ignores again albums added via the web browser.

If you are interested why I am using the browser in the first place to add albums to Qobuz, this is how I search for new releases in Hires:

Symphonic Music
192/24 https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/genre/musique-orchestrale/download-streaming-albums?ssf[sortBy]=main_catalog_date_desc&ssf[gi]=37&ssf[qu]=24_192_2
96/24 https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/genre/musique-orchestrale/download-streaming-albums?ssf[sortBy]=main_catalog_date_desc&ssf[gi]=37&ssf[qu]=24_96_2

Concertos
192/24 https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/genre/classique/download-streaming-albums?ssf[sortBy]=main_catalog_date_desc&ssf[gi]=22&ssf[qu]=24_192_2
96/24 https://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/genre/classique/download-streaming-albums?ssf[sortBy]=main_catalog_date_desc&ssf[gi]=22&ssf[qu]=24_96_2

It is not possible to do this in the Qobuz app or in Roon, only with the browser. From there I add the albums I’m interested in to Qobuz favorites and expect them to show up in Roon library in the albums a day or so later but unfortunately this does not work reliably - even after weeks the albums do not show up in the Roon library.

If Roon support is reading this, I encourage you to check why Roon does not add albums to the library reliably after they got added as favorites to Qobuz with the web browser. Since I’m not the only one who has this problem and it is like this since months, this is a generic problem with Roon.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.