How to automaticly start node scrips in W10

I’m a Happy user of these two Roon extentions.

And

My Roon core is on a SonicTransporter, so I use a PC for my Extentions. As well as HQPlayer which also starts automatically from a reboot.

Can anyone guide me how I can make these extentions automatically start and run in W10 ?

Of cause to add the cmd to startup is fairly simple and guides are easily found on the net.
The tric is how to automatically add/paste the required text into the different command windows.

OK. I think I was able to find the answer myself.

Assuming you allready has the programs installed etc.

Press windows and type cmd:

Then Right click and chose “Open file location”

which should take your here as shown under:

Then copy that shortcut shown above (Node.js command promt), which is most likely to found here for most users:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Node.js

Then press windows again and type run + enter, (or win logo + r) and you should get as shown beneath:

Type “shell:startup” and enter

Then the startup menu opens, and you past the previous copied shortcut into the startup menu.

Mine looks like this.

Startup menu should be found here:
C:\Users\ YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Now the comand promt will start twice at boot (in my case), but now we need to do the magic :slight_smile:

Right click the CMD + Properties

In the Target window your should see:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k “C:\Program Files\nodejs\nodevars.bat”

Then add something like this this: & “CD C:\Users\ YOUR USER NAME\roon-remote-master & node .”

So everyting should be like this:
C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /k “C:\Program Files\nodejs\nodevars.bat” & CD C:\Users\ YOUR USER NAME\roon-remote-master & node .

What you add depend of cause where you already is running your node.