Roon Database & settings use 56% of storage

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Remotes - Mac Pro Mac OS 11.6 ethernet
iPad ipadOS 15.2

Connected Audio Devices

USB on Mac Pro
PS Audio network Bridge II

Description of Issue

I want to rebuild my database from scratch. After shutting Roon down I tried to delete “RoonServer” folder but I received an error message that some files were locked.

I could rename the folder but I do not have SSD space for two database folders.

What is the best way to proceed?

JC

Have you tried rebooting the NUC?

The reboot delete most of the items. There a about 300MB of images which it is says are locked.

However, when I access them from my Mac using “get info” they are not showing locked and I have full permissions.

This frees up enough room for me to proceed with rebuild but I am not sure how to delete the remainder.

JC

Can you rename the folder now? If so, then deletion isn’t crucial.

Thank You DaveN

I have renamed the folder. There is about a GB of files left in the “Core” subfolder. The files remaining are cover art .jpg files.

For the most part when I attempt to delete them some comeback with the message “folder in use”.

I am a Mac person and accessing it through “Finder”. The directories do not seem to be updating in realtime as I would expect. However I have enough space freed to rebuild the database for now. Hopefully Roon support will be able to get back to me with an easy fix in the near future. (One can Hope!!)

JC

1 Like

Closing in favor of Frequent Core Restarts/Lost connections after 1.8 build 884 - Support - Roon Labs Community.