How to Delete History?

Is there a way to delete History?

It looks like Roon App keeps the playback History from day 1 & there’s no way to delete them. It becomes an unwieldy large, useless list just after a few days. Do the older tracks ever get automatically deleted after a time period or when the list reached a certain size?

I’d like to see a delete option and/or a user set time period to keep the History.

Best.

See here:

Thanks, yes I’ve tried that. It’s an extremely tedious process righting click 1 track at a time. I just want to delete the entire history, the list is getting so long that it’s useless. Is it used for anything?

How can I batch delete tracks in History older than 1 day? Or, have an option to only keep X number of days in History?

Best.

FAQ: How do I select songs or albums? What can I do?

Additionally “shift` + select” is possible to mark a contiguous region and selecting a already selected item will deselect it (works like in a file explorer).

Then just select all_

You could then tap on some recent ones to unselect them

Hi @DN28,

Brian and BlackJack have some great advice here — You can use those methods to select all tracks and delete them that way. If you have any questions about this please let us know!

And just as easy, right-click on one and then CTRL-A (or its Mac equivalent) to select all.

1 Like

Not on my tablet, it isn’t. A good tip though for others.

Thanks, it works on my Mac.

I do have a strong suggestion for Roon to add the “Delete All” button to the App and also add user control how long they want to keep play History so I don’t have to keep deleting them manually.

1 Like

Out of curiosity: why do you want to get rid of the listening history? It’s not that the data needed to store this information will take much space. Personally, I find it interesting to see what I haven’t listened to for some time (or ever).

The history view might lack some nice filter options, maybe even as defaults to select from, like: show today, this week, this month, … that would probably be a better solution instead of deleting the history in its entirety.

It’s a feature that I don’t use. The list gets unwieldy long and unmanageable after a week or so, and I don’t need to know what I played last week let alone 2, 3 years ago. It’s just clutter that I need to go clear it up regularly.

As you mentioned, History needs nice filter options to make it useful, and also user defined duration (e.g. delete after a week) or opt out completely.

Well, sometimes my sons listen to childrens radio plays using my profile. This time by time leads to weird recommendations in discover and roon radio. And sometimes I just listen to music by curiosity without the wish to make it to my favourite style.
In such cases I would like to delete history by date or keywords (e.g. “Penderetzky” or “Duck tales”).

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.