How to determine the Roon Server TCP port

Just came across the issue where the port used by Roon Server changed from 9100 to 9330 (in my case). I searched and found a few threads, e.g. Connection failed and Chromecast issues: Roon using new/additional network ports since 880 - #19 by Charles_Snider

I get the gist most of the response from Roon Labs has been around “extensions should use discovery to determine the port and not guess/hard-code it”.
What about things that aren’t Roon extensions? My issue is that I run Roon Server in Docker, and was using the display URL (http://roon-server:9100/display/) as a health check (returns HTTP 200 if ok, otherwise kill and re-create the container).
How can I resolve this? Is it possible to specify the port (fix it) for Roon at runtime? Or, what is the port selection logic? (please not random…) Because I am using Docker networking such that my Roon Server does not share an IP address with anything else, the port it needs will always be available.

9330 - 9332 are mentioned here
Unable to connect to Roon Server after upgrade - Support - Roon Labs Community

sudo lsof -i -P |less

this will help you verify what is needed if the top solution fails.

I believe it recently changed, and hopefully will stay for a while.

These work for me as of this post.
[ 2] 9003/udp ALLOW IN 192.168.0.0/24 # roon
[ 3] 9330:9339/tcp ALLOW IN 192.168.0.0/24 # roon
[ 4] 8008:8009/tcp ALLOW IN 192.168.0.0/24 # roon
[ 5] 30000:30010/tcp ALLOW IN 192.168.0.0/24 # roon
[ 7] 1194/udp ALLOW IN 192.168.0.0/24 # roon

Thanks both, it was more of a question for Roon devs about having a known and/or manually-specified port, in my case so that I can configure a health check URL for my Docker container.

Suggestions as to what else to use for the health check (in lieu of the known http://ip-address:port/display/ URL) would also be welcome.

As far as I’m aware, options for the container health check are limited to TCP or HTTP calls, I don’t really consider it practical (possible even?) to write custom code to discover the Roon endpoint(s), plus I’m not sure it would work.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.