How to enable Roon on the ESET firewall (what ports / protocols / etc)

Roon runs on a Synology NAS.
I installed the Roon Windows app.
If I go on settings → audio, I see other devices, but I do not see the current PC as a device.

This must be a firewall issue, because if I disable the ESET firewall it works.

How do I enable Roon through the ESET firewall?

Two posts

mentioned the same problem was solved, but they do not mention HOW.

Yes, the ESET rules were changed, but how exactly???

Advanced setup - firewall - advanced - rules - edit, and then what?
I understand I need to create exceptions for roon.exe and raatserver.exe, but what kind of exceptions?
What ports? What IPs? What protocols? Etc

My network is set to Private in Windows.

I also found other posts on this, but they were honestly, very very confusing: What are the new ports that Roon Server needs open in the firewall? - #6 by cookie_man

Shouldn’t these pieces of information (what ports protocols etc for the firewall) be specified very very clearly in the help section?

Hey @YetAnotherLondoner,

It’s great to see you on the community again! Apologies for the delay in getting to your thread. Since some time has passed, I wanted to check-in on your thread to see if you were still having issues getting output from your PC?

You are correct in that you’ll need to add a new firewall rule from ESET > Setup > Network Protection > Firewall > Configure… (after clicking gear wheel) > Advanced > Rules > Edit

The key here is to create as an Application based exception. You won’t need to add specific ports in this case. Here is a good step-by-step that may help:

https://support.eset.com/en/kb2843-create-a-firewall-rule-to-allowdisallow-use-of-a-certain-application-in-my-windows-eset-home-product

Let me know how the above goes! :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.