How to Get Back Access to my I7 NUC based ROCK

Hello @Lloyd_Borrett & everyone following this thread,

Apologies for the delay in replying here, I have brought up this case @mike and I wanted to gather all the necessary information and get his take on it before providing next troubleshooting steps.

Since the ROCK can only be accessed temporarily using the web page, there are a few possibilities happening here:

1. The router isn’t properly distributing IP addresses or there is an IP conflict
  2. There is something going wrong on the BIOS settings side of things
  3. There is something wrong with the network port itself

I would start off by focusing on getting the laptop and NUC stable, so possible resolutions to each above point:

1. Attempt to use another router, possibly the one you have at home and see if you are running into the same issue. Connect only the NUC, a Laptop and the Router to start off with and see if you can reliably access the NUC.
  2. I have recently seen a report that temporarily disabling the LAN and turning it back on from the BIOS resolved another user’s issue: Can’t Update BIOS on NUC5i3RYH.
    I would connect a Keyboard and Mouse to verify this theory.
  3. If the Ethernet port is indeed damaged, then having the USB to Ethernet adapter will rule this possibility out. Yes, the drivers for the USB to Ethernet adapter should be recognized by the ROCK and having two ROCKs on the same network will not cause issues.

Also just want to confirm, is there anything notable about the network configuration on any of your devices (even the iOS devices)? Possibly a VPN or proxy that you are using? I would start simplifying the network, excluding variables that don’t need to be added and then build from there, I’m confident that we can get this stable, it’s just a matter of pinpointing where the issue lies.

Thanks,
Noris