How to get sonos stream really working?

The Issue
Iam using roon over a year know but in this time I was never succesfull in using sonos stream without stutters or skips.

What’s not working
The issue occurs every time I use roon. Sometimes there are little stutters, sometime there are also skips an the playback is for some seconds not controllable.

My Setup
In my normal Setup I have a roon core with the library on a i7 Notebook:

Intel(R) Core™ i7-4600U CPU @ 2.10GHz 2.69 GHz
RAM 8,00 GB
64-Bit
2TB SSD

Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H1
Build 19043.1052

The Notebook is linked via Ethernet to a FritzBox 6590 Cable (WLAN Hardware acceleration ist off).

I have also tried to setup roon core and library on a very new i5 PC (i5-9600K CPU @ 3.70GHz) same result, no difference.

Roon: 1.8 (Build 795)

I am using a Sonos setup whith 4 speakers in two rooms (2 Ikea Synfonisk, 2 Sonos One SL).
I have two other roon Endpoints, one is a ropieee XL setup, that is (also) feeded by WLAN.
I am using the Sonos setup whith WLAN but I have also tried to wire one sonos speaker via ethernet directly to the router. Without audible changes.

Sonsos App works without problems, Airplay via roon olso works without Problems. There is no Endpoint I have issues like I have at the Sonos System via sonos stream. All ist working very well.

Hello @homobellum,

Thanks a whole lot for letting us know of this - sorry about the trouble and for having to deal with it for this long.

I was wondering, are all of your Sonos speakers updated to the latest firmware? If not, could you please update and restart them?

When you experience these dropouts, are any of the Sonos devices grouped together? Do you experience dropouts if you stream directly to just one Sonos device?

Thanks for your quick response!

Yes all speakers have the latest firmware. The both One SL are brand new and whre installed last week. I though the issues have somthing to do with the Ikea speakers, but thats not the point.

Yes the speakers are normaly grouped into two stereo pairs. For testing I ungouped them but unfortunately that makes it neither better nor worse,

Thanks so much for the extra details, @homobellum. I’ve looped in our technical team so they can take a closer look and share any insights.

Please, sit tight :nerd_face: