How to integrate HIGRESAUDIO-Streaming into Roon

i’d like to integrate HIGRESAUDIO-Streaming into Roon.
does anybobdy has some experience with?

Don’t think it can. Roon only supports Tidal. We have to hope one day Roon get’s wiser and incorporate more streaming services other then Tidal.

4 Likes

I believe I read here that the problem is that Highresaudio refuses to provide Roon with the data they need for full integration.

Not sure it is exclusive partnership here… If it turns out to be, one is unlikely to see another streaming service unless it goes bust (Tidal).

What a pitty!
Hope ROON will get soon an agreement wirh HIGRESAUDIO.

More likely Qobuz but if you want HighresAudio involved you need to put it to them.

Highresaudio is significantly cheaper than Qobuz. I think it can be the point of choice.

That is certainly a selling point and would attract its share of customers but only with HighRes’s agreement. Get in touch with them.

Yes the price is one of the main reasons. And i think the quality of streamning schould also be higher.
And i am customer there since many years…

I just sent an e-mail to HRA…will post the answer here.

But that’s pretty much the stock answer to any streaming integration, other than Tidal. At some point Roon will surely just have to come up with other ways to get round the problem… and once they’ve done it once they’ll have the toolset to do it again.

Seems like there are only 30,000 albums on hires audio if that’s all it’s not that good a deal.

They just started recently. As they say, they add albums manually (100 pcs per week), ensuring that only real master copies without additional compression or clipping are added to the base. Hope that’s true. Anyway I subscribed to trial and was fully satisfied with the sound quality. With HRA you get real Highres without thinking of “how that MQA thing works actually”)) Another plus - full CD sleeves for many albums.

HRA-Streaming seems to have a very good customer-service! They answered very quick yesterday at 23:30h.
They told me that Roon has since more than 6 month all the documentation and API from HRA.
It seems that Roon has some troubles with integration of streaming- services.

“Documentation” and API isn’t enough. I think @danny said they refused to provide the full database dump necessary.

My experiences are different.
Yes - they answer quickly, but answers were evasive and rather unprofessional or they simply don’t answer…
Also it should be clarified what personal data they collect (including IP and location) to identify users (RODO).

At least it seems better service than the sercice from Roon…i sent them ( Roon ) yesterday my request and still waiting for answer…

Your request for what, and to whom? It isn’t hard to get their attention!

Have been buying albums from HRA as they do a loyalty points scheme. Was thinking of trying the 7 day free streaming offer and while reading through their FAQ’s came upon this " HRA Streaming currently works on Mac and Windows desktop computers as well as on network players of selected partner manufacturers. You can soon also find HRA Streaming in the software players of Audirvana (from Q03/2018), ROON (TBA) und Amarra (TBA). Mobile support on iOS and Android (smartphones / tablets) is currently under development and will be available for free later this year. ". While it is true that the catalogue is not extensive they are adding 100 albums per week so they say?. Seems this has been mentioned on another thread.

Seriously? Have you compared prices? They are consistently the most expensive - for the albums I’ve checked anyway - so a loyalty scheme only alleviates the pain of overpricing.

HRA are not our saviour, nor is Qobuz, and nor was Tidal.