How to listen to MQA in Oppo UD-P205?

Hi all,

Could someone tell me if it is possible to listen to MQA audio through a QNAP TS-853A connected to an OPPO UDP-205?

Through TIDAL the OPPO detects the MQA tracks perfectly, but in my music files with MQA it does not.

I suppose that to detect it it is necessary that the OPPO is connected via USB-DAC, but if I make that connection from the NAS to the OPPO with direct cable, then I can not use Roon on my other devices.
Would I appreciate it if someone would give me a solution?
Greetings.

Hi @J.A,

Thank you for your post here. As far as I can tell, you should be able to use the USB port from the QNAP to output MQA content to the Oppo DAC. I would also make sure that you have the DAC set to “Decoder and Renderer” in the Audio Setup tab like so:

Can you clarify on this aspect further? From what I have been able to find, this QNAP has multiple USB ports, would it not be possible to have the Oppo connected to one of these USB ports?

– Noris

I want to say that the moment I connect the NAS via USB cable to the Oppo 205, I can no longer use Roon in my computers and receivers, since the output to these is canceled.
I would like to have the Oppo connected via USB and use it whenever I want, but at the same time be able to use Roon on my other computers.
Is this possible?

Hi @J.A,

You can achieve this by running Roon as a Remote on your other computers, see Running Roon as a Remote Documentation.

Once you have Roon installed as a Remote, you should be able to access the USB connected devices in Roon Settings -> Audio tab for both the NAS Core and the Roon Remote itself.

This appears to be the solution to what you are describing here. If this explanation still does not resolve the issue in your setup, please share a few screenshots of what you are trying to achieve, you can use these instructions to upload screenshots to this site.

– Noris

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.