How to move from Single Roon Core/Player to Roon Server and Separate Players/Remotes

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10 Home

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Cabled Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

All USB DACs

Description Of Issue

I’ve had Roon installed on one machine for a couple of years. I now want to move my Core to another Windows 10 machine on my network and have it auto launch the Server and be able to have Roon end points on my network. I have done a backup from the original machine. What should I do next? I have tried to install Roon Server on the new computer and restore my backup, but I get no album art on remote devices. If I install Roon and chose to install Roon Core on the new machine and then restore everything works, but I have to launch Roon on the new machine in order for it to function. I just want Roon to launch automatically as a server (service), not have to launch the actual application for end points to connect. Am I missing a simple step here? Thank you.

Hi @David_Tison,

Just to verify — When using RoonServer on the new machine no remotes show artwork, but when using the all-in-one setup of Roon on the new machine the artwork appears fine, even on remotes?

Can you share a screenshot of what you see when you’re connected to RoonServer?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.