How to play Auro-3D embedded in FLAC files with Roon?

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus+

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Not relevant for this question

Connected Audio Devices

Trinnov AL32
Device Setup with 5.1 channel layout, multichannel mixing set to Channel mapping only

Number of Tracks in Library

Not relevant for this question

Description of Issue

Please refer to these instructions on playing Auro-3D via a computer using Roon.

I just tried playing an Auro 3D test track supplied from 2L through my Trinnov AL32 using RAAT, but the track failed to load.

The instructions from 2L suggest that it should be possible to play Auro-3D embedded in FLAC files with Roon when using an HDMI connection.

Can you confirm that if I connect my Nucleus to my AL32 via HDMI then I should be able to use the AL32 to decode the file for Auro 3D playback?

Many thanks.

A few screenshots if your roon audio settings and signal path would help.

See screenshot below.

Please note that I have no trouble at all playing other 5.1 FLAC files in my library using the same Nucleus+ and Trinnov AL32 setup.

If anyone wants to test the 2L file, please PM me.

Thanks.

Signal path as the file is playing?

Track will not load. Get error.

After a few more tries I was able to play the Auro-3D sample file in the end. No need to use HDMI connection.

1 Like

Thank you for the update @Kurvenal!

We’re happy to hear that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.