How to play DSD via QNAP and T+A DSD 8 DAC

Hi,
playing DSD via my T+A DAC doesn’t work, .dff files still being converted to PCM
Any suggestions for right settings in ROON or any tweaks necessary on the QNAP, where the DAC is attached to via USB.

Andreas

TS-451+
Firmware-Version 4.3.4.0435 Build 20171230
Installed RoonServer: 1.4 (build 300) stable
QPKG-Version: 2017-10-03

You might like to post the audio settings tabs for the dac and while you are at it the audio path too while playing. And any dsp settings pages that are in p,ay like up or down sampling etc

Here the screenshots. The audio path shows the conversion,

After thinking a bit about the issue:
Using the Roon volume control causes the conversion. Any workaround to use DSD AND volume control?

Sorry I’m a bit lost with the language in the shots but @support can probably figure it out. But I’m guessing you need to be using native dsd and maybe volume has something to do with it.

Sorry for the screenshots in German, so you forwarded it to support or I need to do? I could also try to switch Roon to english and do it again.

Yes, you understood right, the volume control is the issue. without its working fine.

My conclusion: Either Roon need to implement a native DSD volume control or you need to create a stream like DSD -> DSD to PCM -> Volumecontrol -> PCM to DSD -> DAC

Whatever the technical possibilities and impacts on the audio quality are.

Andreas

the support guys are tagged already