How to play from iPad Mini 5 hard wired to a powered speaker?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

iMac Catalina 10.15.7, Roon 1.7 build 710

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple Airport Extreme Router (latest model) - Dual band 2.4ghz and 5ghz WiFi

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iPad Mini 5 (latest model) > Apple lightning to USB 3 Camera adapter > AQ Dragonfly Red > AQ Sydney 3.5mm mini to mini cable > Peachtree Deep Blue SKY powered speaker.

Description Of Issue

How can I set up Roon to play via my iPad Mini 5 with this configuration to my Peachtree speaker or simply through the iPad Mini 5 speakers or headphone jack? OR can the iPad Mini 5 only be used as a remote?

Enabling the iPad mini in Roon Settings > Audio and selecting your new zone for playback should achieve exactly what you want.

I’ve tried that. But, when I try to set it up on zone settings it says “This Mac” (which is my computer) under “Audio Device”. Then when I select it from “zones” on my iPad and try to play a song - it begins playing from my computer speakers rather than the iPad. Also, when I go to audio in settings, my iPad doesn’t show up under “other network devices”. All I can do is “enable” it under “This Mac”. I’ve also tried to scan for devices on “audio” within “settings” and it doesn’t recognize my iPad when I do that. Am I doing something wrong? I didn’t have this problem when I tried using an iPad Air (latest generation). It worked fine. But I can’t figure out how to get it to work from my iPad Mini 5 which is the latest generation of iPad Mini.

I think that you have to start the Roon app on the iPad before the iPad can be seen in the settings / audio.

I’ve tried that too.

What if you set up this on your iPad first? Do you have access to Settings->Audio on the iPad? Make sure the Private Zone is set to No.
I should say that I don’t own Macs or iPads myself. Is there some security settings in the iPad that can block RAAT?

1 Like

It worked! Problem solved. Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.