Networking Gear & Setup Details

Unifi US-24-G1 ethernet switch, gigabit ethernet connections between devices

Connected Audio Devices

MSB Reference DAC via USB Pro ISL interface
Airplay to Yamaha WXC-50 MusicCast

Number of Tracks in Library

6,891 tracks

Description of Issue

I’m using a streaming radio station (specifically from di.fm premium) and once in a while it will be interrupted for whatever internet/networking reason, and then stop playing. The room it’s streaming to is for background music for non-tech savvy family members and I have to restart the radio myself. Is there a way to make roon automatically restart the stream it was playing prior to the interruption? Thanks.

1 Like

Hey @Con_Kolivas, thanks for reaching out!

Unfortunately, there’s no way to make Roon automatically resume an internet radio stream after it’s been interrupted by some error. Since we don’t know how long the outage/interruption might last, the stream could end up resuming at a really bad time, eg. when you’re sleeping, in the middle of a meeting, etc.

1 Like

Darn, that’s a shame. Is there a way to put a radio stream into a playlist then? So if it drops out it can move onto something else instead of just dying to silence? It’s in a place that’s meant to have music playing 24/7.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.