How to: Roon Mobile over WireGuard on a UniFi USG

Sorry, the Netgate 6100 is an appliance from Netgate, the overlords of PFSense. I saw somewhere on the many various posts you have written that you adjusted some code for one of the Netgate models.

This looks interesting and supports multicast traffic… VXLAN & Linux

Happy New Year everyone, just getting back from vacation and will start on this again. Going to move this conversation over to How I got Roon working over OpenVPN (hard for me, easy for you) as I realize this thread is more focused on getting one’s mobile to work… and I’m interested in point to point.

@Aaron_Turner Coming late to the party, but it seems like you’ve an amazing utility here. Thanks in advance for the use I hope to get.

I’ve got a Unifi Dream Router running UnifiOS, which I don’t know much about. I think in the thread someone got this working on UnifiOS, but is there a version of udo-proxy-2020 for UnifiOS and do you know of anyone that has it working on a Dream Router?

Dunno about dream router, but people have it working on the UDM/UDMPro. https://github.com/synfinatic/udp-proxy-2020/tree/main/startup-scripts/udm-utilities

1 Like

@Aaron_Turner @Nepherte Thank you for this post! If I may I have question on how I could set up udp-proxy on my network.

I have Roon Core running in a VM on my Nas, got a Roon Bridge on a raspberry Pi everything behind a Unifi express gateway. Port forwarding is setup so I can use Roon Arc from my phone.

I have setup through the gui of my unifi router wireguard and can access my network. I can access Roon Core and control devices on my network but my connected device is not seen as an endpoint.

As I’m connecting to my network through the vpn server setup on my router I understand that this is where the proxy must be installed and not on another appliance. But can I keep the vpn setup through the GUI and follow the tutorial for the setup of ump package ? I don’t know how to find the interface use by wireguard… Any lead that could help me out would be great, I want be able to use my Roon Core from the office over vpn (and not using my phone as a streamer with arc).

thanks for your time !

You shouldn’t need to touch the VPN you already have. Beyond that, you will need to login to your firewall and install the proxy and configure it. While logged into the firewall, running the ifconfig command should tell you. Probably named something like wg0.

Thanks, that’s what i thought and just tried. Interface is wgsrv1.

But I got an error while trying to run udp-proxy. I rise a ticket on github as it throw me an unexpected character error… thanks!