Win 11 (Core i5 - 8400, 8 GB RAM)
Netgear Orbi 750 Mesh System, Wi-Fi, no VPN
Roon Ready preamp, Chromecast HD, Chromecast Audio, Chromecast HD w/ Google TV
Description of Issue:
I am trying to set up a simple whole house music system using Roon and various Chromecasts:
- TV Room - using Chromecast HD (HDMI 1) to display on Sony TV and using eARC send audio to my Roon Ready audio system.
- Living Room - using Chromecast Audio with small receiver and 2 ceiling speakers. No video.
- Main Bedroom - using Chromecast HD (HDMI 1) to display video and playback sound on Sony TV.
- Guest Bedroom - using Chromecast HD w/ Google TV to display video and playback sound on Toshiba TV.
- Kitchen - using Chromecast HD w/ Google TV to display video and playback sound on Toshiba TV.
Note: Both Sony TV’s have Chromecast built in, but I couldn’t get any video or sound with them.
I set up a group containing the 5 Chromecasts called Whole Home Music in the Google Home app. In the Roon Audio tab, I can see all 5 Chromecasts as well as the group. All are enabled. In the Roon Display tab, I can see all of the Chromecasts except the Chromecast Audio. All are enabled and configured to “Enable lyrics”. Here is what I am getting:
- TV Room - audio. No lyrics. Google screensaver w/ Roon Music logo.
- Living Room - audio
- Main Bedroom - No audio. Lyrics.
- Guest Bedroom - audio. No lyrics. Roon splash screen.
- Kitchen - audio. No lyrics. Roon splash screen.
So my questions are:
- TV Room - why aren’t lyrics displaying?
- Main Bedroom - why is there no audio?
- Guest Room - why aren’t lyrics displaying?
- Kitchen - why aren’t lyrics displaying?