How to switch from TIDAL to Qobuz

I would like to switch streaming firm from TIDAL to Qobuz - however since I have more than 7000 albums from tidal in my Roon library - how can I make the switch without having to change every single album from TIDAL to Qobuz. Also when I log out of TIDAL all my albums disappear, which means I will have to find them all again.

Perhaps there could be an option where all the albums of your library from streaming stay there even if you lock our of the streaming service. Obviously you cannot play them, until you link up to an alternative service or buy them, but it means the library you have build is not lost!?

Some folks here have used Soundiiz to make the switch. Search for “soundiiz” in the forum to find the posts.

1 Like

Warning: Check before you leave Tidal how many of the 7000 Tidal albums you can get in Qobuz! (their library is smaller than Tidal…)
Soundiiz does an excellent job in comparing both services…

In my case I’ve chosen for a monthly Soundiiz membership.

1 Like

About 23% of my Tidal favorites was not available in Qobuz. (European Qobuz -> non-beta)

They do stay, even if you do not anymore subscribe Tidal. When you login to Tidal in Roon you will still find your added Tidal favorites but cannot anymore play them.

I did the opposite - switched from Qobuz to Tidal. I had hundreds of albums in my library - I just realized they are all gone! Is there any way to get them back (say, by temporarily resubscribing to Qobuz and using some tool like Soundiiz to transfer? It doesn’t make sense that Roon doesn’t keep track of which albums and songs I’ve flagged, even if the version I had flagged is no longer available. Suggestions anyone?

You gave your own solution, or, the one I would suggest… Sub back up to Qobuz, use Soundiiz to transfer to Tidal.