How to troubleshoot music not importing?

Roon Core Machine

Roon Optimized Core Kit
Version 1.0 (build 227) stable
Version 1.8 (build 1021) stable

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ROCK wired Ethernet connection to Synology NAS with a shared network folder.

Connected Audio Devices

PS Audio Bridge

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have been a user for many years. Today I added a new album to my shared drive (something I probably do once a week) and it will not show up in Roon despite a Force Scan, a reboot of Rock and a reboot of NAS. How do I troubleshoot what’s wrong with the album?

Stereolab - Pulse Of The Early Brain [Switched On Volume 5] in flac. The files all play correctly in another media play.

David, sorry to hear you are having issues importing this file. Are you getting an error message when you are attempting to import the album? Do you have another version of the album aleady in your library, either as another local file or from a streaming service?

Are you getting an error message when you are attempting to import the album?

I don’t see any error messages when I Force Scan. But I am not sure where I’d look to find them?

The album is on Tidal but it’s not added to my library.

Try these two guides:

1 Like

One suggestion from past postings is to disable your storage location (rather than force rescan) and then to re-enable the location. It’s worth a shot.

1 Like

Thanks! The Skipped Files feature is what I needed. It is showing “I/O Failure”. That at least gives me a clue that it is seeing the files but for some reason failing to access them.

1 Like

All fixed. It seems it was caused by a “space” at the end of the directory name!

Thanks for everyone’s help and suggestions.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.