How to update to 1.8?

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac OS Catalina 10.15.7

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Auralic Aries G1

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB from Aries to Sonnet Morpheus

Description Of Issue

Continues to tell me update available to 1.7, build 521 every time I start Roon.
How can I get to 1.8.

Can you post a screenshot or give more information about the update available message. There is usually an option to select to update.

.sjb

Add images

</di

v>

Have you clicked the “click here to relaunch” message under This Mac?

.sjb

Yes, I do that. Then when it relaunches I get the same message. It does not actually update anything. And now I am unable to control it with my i.phone, which has been updated.
I am wondering if I should just delete it and download 1.8 and start over. But then they would change me again I am sure. Rather not do that…

Just download the app from the downloads on roon’s site and install over the current one after quitting it of course.

It’s probably because your current version is so old…521 is ancient version. Most recently V1.7 was at B710 iirc

I assume you do have a Database backup done before your start the update

@David_Barger if your subscription is current there would be no charge. Only upon expiry and you would get a notification most likely before that.

Thanks! I got it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.