HQPlayer and Audiolense XO

Can you feed Apple Music Hi-Res, Amazon Music UHD, Deezer, Spotify, Soundcloud, Mixcloud (all bit perfectly), any analogue source, basically ANY SOURCE through Roon?

And all the above through Roon to DSP speakers with room correction or headphones EQ ?

The answer is no :wink:

I’ve been using Roon since 2016 so I know what Roon can and can’t do. You have to appreciate the world of music listening extends beyond Roon and a hard drive.

And I can even have different room correction profiles (basically different bass profiles) and change while the music is playing - to basically any source.

And I haven’t even started with the digital filtering of HQPlayer. But the above should be enough to answer your question already :grinning:

Right now I’m playing Amazon Music UHD bit perfectly - casting from Amazon Music app on iPad to a WiiM Mini, whose optical output feeds HQPlayer. HQPlayer switches input sample rate automagically (hence bit perfect).

Later I’ll switch to Apple Music Hi-Res from my iPad’s USB-C output and that will feed HQPlayer bit perfectly again.

So many ways to discover music :sunglasses:

4 Likes