HQPlayer and Audiolense XO

The articles from Mitch I linked you actually has step by step instructions on using Audiolense.

I actually used that as my guide.

Once you are ready to start then the best place for questions is the Audiolense forum.

We don’t have many Audiolense users here on Roon forum.

There is a lot more users on Audiolense forum. The dev himself is even on the official forum to help. He is really helpful.

Once you generated the filters then I can help with importing into HQPlayer. That is the easy part :slight_smile: Generating good filters to use is the hard part. Can take days, weeks, months :smile:

and

2 Likes

Many thanks for the guidance and links! Will definitely look on it. Keep you on the loop :repeat:!

1 Like

I’m about to get started down the same path.

I waited for a month for the mic (Isemcon emx 7150), now that’s arrived, I’m ready to crack on. I have parallels on my Mac mini, AL XO is good to go.

2 Likes

2 Likes

What is the point of HQplayer, when Roon can perfectly execute the convolution filters/files?

Can you feed Apple Music Hi-Res, Amazon Music UHD, Deezer, Spotify, Soundcloud, Mixcloud (all bit perfectly), any analogue source, basically ANY SOURCE through Roon?

And all the above through Roon to DSP speakers with room correction or headphones EQ ?

The answer is no :wink:

I’ve been using Roon since 2016 so I know what Roon can and can’t do. You have to appreciate the world of music listening extends beyond Roon and a hard drive.

And I can even have different room correction profiles (basically different bass profiles) and change while the music is playing - to basically any source.

And I haven’t even started with the digital filtering of HQPlayer. But the above should be enough to answer your question already :grinning:

Right now I’m playing Amazon Music UHD bit perfectly - casting from Amazon Music app on iPad to a WiiM Mini, whose optical output feeds HQPlayer. HQPlayer switches input sample rate automagically (hence bit perfect).

Later I’ll switch to Apple Music Hi-Res from my iPad’s USB-C output and that will feed HQPlayer bit perfectly again.

So many ways to discover music :sunglasses:

4 Likes

DSP pipelines for my 7.1.4 system, 64/352.8, 524k taps each. :grinning:

Then upsampling to 12ch DSD256.

Apple Music DD+ Atmos 7.1.4 → 12ch DSD256 :blush: Cheers! :tumbler_glass:

7 Likes

The boss has entered the chat :smile:

3 Likes

I forgot to mention this: 12ch discrete DXD → 5ECv2 → 12ch DSD256 :laughing:

3 Likes

Can you do this with Roon @grizaudio ?

Sure you might not have or care for Atmos (which is fair)

But hopefully you can see from all these examples, HQPlayer is significantly more flexible.

2 Likes

Also capability scales up with the computing power. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

And even without looking at HQP’s upsampling feature, it is already still more flexible than Roon alone (and doesn’t need crazy power if sticking to PCM output).

1 Like

Wait a second… how are you getting 12 channels with your Merging Anubis interface ??

:thinking: :smile:

1 Like

Just got a Hapi Mk II w/ 1x DA8P :smiley:

New map:

4 Likes

Wow ! :exploding_head:

This is hardcore ! So cool.

3 Likes

Did you see these silver Anubis looking devices?

Photo is of Sennheiser Group acquiring Merging recently.

Looks like some more inputs coming to a new model. Same number of outputs though.

1 Like

Toslink and USB type C? :smiley:

1 Like

I have to be honest none of that is of interest to me. I’m not a DSD upsampling fan. But I can see the value for others especially for those particular bespoke applications.

I do like the ability to bring in additional inputs from my interface, that’s something of much interest.

Correct not natively. However within Roon you can bring in analog via 3rd party extensions.

I believe the latest version allows uncompressed 192khz line input via digital radio.

But no, not as powerful as HQplayer.

I’ll give it a try one day again. I didn’t have luck the first time around. Audio was slow and unresponsive - obviously user or setup error on my part.

1 Like

Yeh that’s why I mentioned it’s pretty powerful stuff, even with simple PCM output.

Ya that’s something I’ve emphasised a lot above (well I tried).

It’s not really about the ‘bespoke’ apps I mentioned - I was moreso trying to say there is ability to basically route any source you like through HQPlayer.

That is pretty powerful.

No matter how complex or simple your system is - whether 2 channel output or 12 channels like above. Can be 64 channels if you like.

I mentioned bit perfect in bold and automatic sample rate switching for a reason… because you can’t do this with Roon.

1 Like