HQPlayer and Audiolense XO

I also noticed that when loading impulses from AL, the volume level is greatly reduced. I don’t understand, it either decreases when aligned to the target curve, or something does not match in the saved files …

Can you do the “Plot” function of HQPlayer after you have loaded the impulse responses?

For all channels?

1 Like

Yes, it must be done, the only thing I loaded the impulses in the convolution tab, it must be transferred to the matrix

Yeh don’t use convolution. Always use Matrix

Share the plots here. I’m sure it will show the problem which is easy to fix

I will now upload to HQP Desktop, I think there is no difference with Plote compared to HQPE

Correct, plot function is simply to plot the correction filter.

The same correction filter will look same on Embedded and Desktop

nothing critical

To check, I loaded the filters made in Rephase and the volume level became clearly higher, returned to normal

But a completely different filter can have different levels.

It’s hard to see the scale in your plot but if you can increase the gain for all channels by +3dB that might help. You can do this with each line of Matrix

But you need to make sure you don’t reach 0dB in the plot (clipping) - and make sure in HQPlayer you set max volume in the settings, to -3dbFS (for intersample overs clipping)

So do the plot again to make sure you don’t reach 0dB on plot

Also channel 3 and 4 are massive attenuated. What is your target curve?

1 Like

After adding +3 dB?
In the configuration, the volume is set to 0

I did the measurement for the first time, and I have one side strongly underestimated in level, but I did not think that in general it could have such an effect on the final volume level.

Channel 3 and 4 are attenuated by 50dB in the bass. Something doesn’t look right

Ok if HQPlayer volume is at 0dBFS then you don’t want to boost your correction filter gain. You will have clipping. You need headroom before upsampling to prevent clipping due to intersample overs

But the 50dB attenuation in bass doesn’t look right

1 Like

This is in the car)), it can be worse there, but there is still something to be done …

Ok but the target and measurement above is also for the same car? And for channel 3 and 4?

Or that was for a different room?

Yes, it’s all in one place, one dimension. Left midbass and tweeter, and right midbass and tweeter, respectively. I just did it the first time and did not set the gains correctly, one mid-bass is clearly lower in level than the other, this is the first attempt, the second time I will do it more meticulously when my hands reach.

1 Like

Don’t forget there is also Audiolense forum ! Bernt is there and lots of very advanced users if you get stuck

2 Likes

I’d suggest put more slope on 10KHz~20KHz on your target to match the raw FR. The correction range is too far. For example adjust the -4dB at 10KHz and -12dB at 20KHz. Force raise the treble to your current target would reduce the total volume, too.

3 Likes

:smiley:

1 Like

I’m a newbie in this matter and need some guidance for setting up my stereo filters.

I’m a Hqplayer user and want to learn more about audio correction.

I see this version of Audiolense

And this mic :microphone:
miniDSP UMIK-1 USB Measurement Calibrated Microphone https://a.co/d/iUurmGD

Edit: I plan to start next month, on the meantime I’m catching up with the conversation on this thread :thread:

1 Like