HQPlayer and Audiolense XO

Dabgbb it’s already daunting enough, no need to rev us up😄

What’s the tricky part of working on the correction filters?

1 Like

You can get good filters in the first week.

But there’s a bit of an art (trial and error) to changing different parameters to minimise pre-ringing in the step response.

Takes time to develop the kind of target curves you prefer.

Just takes time to “chip away” at it and continually improve

To put it a simpler way - your first set of filters that you load into HQPlayer will 100% not be your last :grinning:

:smile: many of us are tarred with the same brush aye…. The improvement of sound!!

2 Likes

At least these changes result in very easily measurable differences and cost nothing (but time!).

Unlike some other parts of our hobby that cost a lot hehe (we’re all guilty of it)

I find this more easy for beginners

Seven steps towards making and using a basic correction filter
The first times the Audiolense is run it should be operated in the following sequence:

1. Configure the speaker setup
  2. Measure the speakers.
  3. Filter the measurements.
  4. Draw a target curve (or open existing targets) 5. Generate correction filters.
  5. Save filters.

Seems this can be done on Mac OS with parallels right?

And also this part from what I was reading

But here I don’t know where to find this value for my speakers :loud_sound:

“crossover frequency to be 630 Hz, as recommended by JBL.”

I don’t see crossover frequency value on my ProAc DB1 close to that range.

Not sure. I don’t have PC/Mac in speaker listening room.

So I measure with a laptop (steps 1 and 2 in your list).

Everything after step 2 I do on iMac in different room. Big screen and i can do it while listening to music on headphones and take my time.

I never measured using Parallels. I’m not going to move big iMac into listening room to try :smile:

You linked Acourate article there. Need to read Audiolense link I shared :grinning:

This is for DSP crossover. Not relevant for you until you rip out your passive crossover to do DSP crossover - next step ! :smiley:

1 Like

My mistake :sob:!

Thanks for pointing that out! Got mixed up :pray:t2::loud_sound:.

Will study :open_book: it again!

Many thanks :pray:t2:

1 Like

I’m thinking on starting with Audiolense 2.0 for my small settings.

My listening area is actually everyone’s place.

On top I have my HQplayer dedicated machine with windows 10 on a small mini desktop with i71200k /16gb RAM/250GB SSD.

I could use UMIk-1 usb connected there and for the output audio can I use the computer headphones Jack and connect this to amplifier for audio out?

The distance from speakers to listening area is around 1.7 meters and the speakers are around 1.3 m apart.

The flat TV is also connected to the small pc, so it can be used after for looking at graphs :chart_with_upwards_trend:.