HQPlayer Desktop thread

Yes, you can have number of different matrix pofiles per each settings file.

Brilliant. Where can I find how to import these?

From HQPlayer File menu you can choose ā€œExport settingsā€ and ā€œImport settingsā€.

For more details, please also check the manual.

Hi Jussi, I get a couple of seconds of white noise at the start of play, on first turning on each time. Itā€™s no biggy, but is there a way to avoid it?

What kind of setup and settings is this on? I have not experienced such on any of my setups.

My set up. HQPlayer on Mac mini>Rpi NAA>Topping d90se via usb.

If I move from listening from another DAC in a different zone, to the Topping, and the Topping was turned off, I get 2-3 sec of white noise during the first few seconds of play, it fades off within 2-3secs

I can replicate it too.

I switch DACs in the preferences drop-down.

Hi Moises, do you have two different servers to be able to have those two zones set up in Roon? Two licenses?

1 Like

In my case Itā€™s actually same desktop license but only can play it one at a time. One is in Mac Mini M1 and the other one on a PC with windows 10.
You add just 2 zones with different names on roon.

Ah yes, I didnā€™t think about that possibility.

Have you used any matrix settings yet Moises? Iā€™ve never tried any of these yet, but would like to make a Headphone eq file and import it into HQPlayer

1 Like

D90SE is horribly buggy implementation. Your best bet is to run it at 352.8/384k PCM.

3 Likes

Havenā€™t got that deep yet! Iā€™m pending to do some room correction filters with professional help and later import convolution filters asking here in our community forum. Iā€™m quite novice and curious :rofl:

1 Like

If I leave the Topping on, and switch listening from Ares2, I donā€™t get the brief noise.

Topping is playing 256 DSD and sounds good, but I havenā€™t listened to any PCM for a while. Iā€™ll give it a listen.

I think we are on a similar journey

2 Likes

Running it on PCM, sounds leaner, but good still. Iā€™m going on 768kHz. No white noise when I started eitheršŸ˜³

2 Likes

It tends to occasionally misbehave and drop data packets at 705.6/768k rates. For reliable operation 384k is maximum on D90SE.

1 Like

Are you using your Mac Mini for the 512, or the windows computer?

1 Like

Hi Jussi, any quick tips to ā€œfindā€ the DAC again? The D90 is not showing in the drop down in preferences menu.

Iā€™ve turned it off, back on again, unplugged it etc but it doesnā€™t show up today. HQPlayer is working today on my main system still.

ā€¦ā€¦Iā€™ve figured it out. I rebooted the RPi :grimacing:

Am running on HQPlayer 4 Desktop v4.19.0 with Roon 2.0. Yesterday I have updated Roon to the latest version (build 1133). Now the HQplayer keeps crashing whenever I tried to play music via Roon.
Both softwares are installed in a late 2012 Apple Mac Mini on macOS Catalina 10.15.7.
I have tried rebooting Mac mini, does not help. Any kind souls can advise how this can be solved? Thank you.

Does HQPlayer play fine standalone? Or does this happen only with Roon as source?

It does not work, crashes whenever I click playā€¦looks like I have to re-install the program