HQPlayer Desktop thread

Yes it is! :slight_smile:

But the setting / bug we are discussing here is specific only to Windows.

1 Like

I know, I was answering to Igors post. This message board system is not very clear. :slight_smile:
So e-Core is also relevant for MacOs?

No, that setting is hidden on macOS, since Apple doesnā€™t let applications do core allocations such way.

1 Like

That what I thought.
So no performance improvements for MacOsā€¦ :frowning:

ā€œAll Core iX CPUs have a four digit model number. Windows resource monitorā€™s Performance-tab should show the full model number.ā€

Itā€™s a i7-8700

OK, that is 8th generation core and has AVX2. You will likely get pretty nice performance with multicore checked, so no performance penalty from that perspective.

Any Mac user successfully play Qobuz on HQP 5.4.0 or 5.4.1 ?

Once I play Qobuz on HQP Client, the HQP Desktop crashed, but 5.3.2 with no issue at all.

I have been uninstalled and reinstalled HQP over ten times, clean installed macOS Sonoma twice, and it happens not to my Silicon Mac Studio, and same result with my Mac mini 2018.

Tried the 5.4.2 beta from Jussi, it fixed the issue.

2 Likes

Thanks Jussi! so will Mac Mini M1 work as NAA client with HQPlayer installed in my higher spec Linux PC, thanks in advance.

Yes it does. Need to use DoP will of course pose limits to maximum possible DSD output rates.

1 Like

Hi.
what do you think about buying dell optiplex SFF Plus i7-13700/16GB as a server for roon and hqplayer on windows? Is it better to build a PC on i7-13700 with more RAM?
Iā€™m interested in DSD upsampling to 512, and maybe even 1024 if possible.
Which set should you choose to use good filters without hanging up?
Thank you

BTW - Roon integration is partially broken; if you change filters/modulators from HQPlayer Client (edit: on the fly), the new filter/modulator is not reflected in Roonā€™s Signal-Path; is HQPlayer anouncing the change to Roon, or Roon ignores the notification / doesnā€™t support this feature yet ?

Yes it isā€¦

Thatā€™s the caseā€¦

I still donā€™t quite understand whatā€™s causing it, but I bought QSW-M2108-2S | Entry-level 10GbE and 2.5GbE Layer 2 Web Managed Switch for SMB Network Deployment | QNAP the switch in question to get fast enough ports and I surprisingly got much more accurate sound even though Cyan is just comingā€¦ So Iā€™m going 10G sfp+ from Asus rt-ax89u to this new switch. I am aware that QoS and flow control is much better, but not that the difference is that bigā€¦ Here is bufferbloat 700/400 maximum for the computer. With the old one, with QoS on, I couldnā€™t run more than 400 max. This can handle the entire lane easily, but there are so many devices that I have to limit it a bitā€¦

1 Like

I recently installed HQPlayer Desktop 5.2.0 and encountered a playback issue. When playing music at the normal settings of 44kHz ā†’ 88.2kHz, everything works fine. However, when I attempt to play 48k ā†’ 96k, I receive an error message stating ā€œsample rate mismatch 88200 vs 96000ā€. This error occurs after HQPlayer has been running for a while, such as after the computer has been in sleep mode. Restarting the software resolves this issue. Notably, this problem persisted in previous versions as well.

Early on, I also experienced an issue with the GUI disappearing while the music continues to play without any problems. This has only happened a few times since. Iā€™ve encountered a similar problem with another middleware streaming program that uses QT, so I suspect there might be a connection.

Likely this is a driver bug, not recovering properly from sleep. Restarting the application reloads the ASIO driverā€¦ You get same effect also if you go to Settings dialog and then press Cancel.

Just curious which GPU do you have? And if your GPU drivers are up to date? Iā€™ve seen similar problems couple of times on my NUC with Intel integrated GPU when the driver wasnā€™t up to date and then Windows got updated. The for example Chrome browser was failing to open itā€™s GUI. Possibly related to OpenGL renderingā€¦

Okay, next time I will try that. That problem has arisen even without sleep mode. Surely there are bugs in the Dante Virtual Soundcard driver. I have to click ā€œRefresh Device Listā€ in the Control app to enable the sample rate follower after sleep. This happens about 70% of the timeā€¦ My previous computer required restarting Dante services after sleep too, but not every timeā€¦

I have an AMD Ryzen 7700 CPU with iGPU. I updated drivers maybe 1 month ago. No other issues.

Hey @jussi_laako

Can you tell me what I should feed the Klipsch The Nines because it has been such a long time before this shock that I have used pcmā€¦ I have already tentatively agreed with my seller to replace it with Genelec speakers and a subwoofer. But probably a couple of weeks to go with these.

So Cyan 2 + The Nines

Watching Erinā€™s measurements it is a very good speaker but he doesnā€™t measure past 20kHz

If you had a cheap mic and measure 192kHz sweep close to the tweeter, then we could see if it resamples to PCM48kHz (like the Dutch and Dutch 8C) or PCM96kHz like Meridians and KEF LS50Ws

I wouldnā€™t be panicking. Enjoy Cyan2 with headphones :slight_smile:

Ok Klipsch Chief Engineer here tells Stereophile its DSP operates at 96 kHz.

So feed it PCM 96 kHz from HQPlayer . 24 bit TPDF

If you feed anything higher it will simply get downsampled inside the Klipsch

No need to waste so much power with 14900K + RTX 4090 for DSD1024 :sleepy: Iā€™m actually glad I asked you what Cyan 2 is feeding , saving electricity

1 Like