HQPlayer Desktop thread

Fortunately, I’ve been such a good customer for a long time that right on Sunday I got an offer from the hifi store and they’ll take the old ones in exchange :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You really should give the Genelec a listen first

You clearly like the Klipsch at the moment and for good reason, excellent speakers

you don’t want to rush just for the sake of DSD and be left disappointed

I don’t use DSD in speaker systems even though my DAC does DSD256 , including my crossover which is in HQPlayer , not the speaker

I enjoy DSD with headphones

Black ! :smile: But now that I lose the anti-mod I have to buy the convultions from HAF…

1 Like

HAF filters will be a step up , for sure

Now all your DSP will be inside HQPlayer , none in the DAC or speakers at all

You will have all the powah lol

I have built my machine for dsd. And bought Cyan and Red for it. I can’t stop now…

1 Like

:joy:

Haloe.

U may still use it for solitaire and excel when u finally conclude nos is the way.

1 Like

@erekola

Always have a listen before buying. Not everybody loves the Genelec sound.

There seems to be a thread regarding 8341 from 2021: HQ Player for Genelec 8341

There are some models that are not SAM (Smart Active Speakers) and are just powered

Yes, for some reason I only thought of the SAM models. So just be sure to select the analog model if you want to take full advantage of the HQP. I edited my previous post to avoid misunderstandings.

Not the specific models that we have been discussing.

I’m the one that highlighted his Klipsch is converting to PCM96k - I wouldn’t then suggest a Genelec model doing the exact same :grinning:

Active analogue crossover is what he needs, as has already been discussed from the beginning.

Anyway we have an entire separate new thread about this , better discuss there.

Yeah, as I already wrote, but thanks for repeating. My mistake.

If you have subwoofer, you can still run it through anti-mode and rest straight without anti-mode. You can do acoustic cross-over to mains and then use anti-mode to do sub low-pass and room EQ.

Or if you use something like SVS Pro with sealed box, you can possibly get away with the sub’s built-in EQ.

I don’t have rca sub out anymore when I switch to Genelec…

Depends if/what kind of preamp you use between DAC and the Genelec’s. It could have both XLR and RCA outputs.

My Matrix Audio mini-i pro 3 has XLR and RCA outputs active at the same times and I use it through HQP feeding both power amp and sub woofer at the same time.

Works great :+1:

1 Like

I ordered that cheap one… Its easy to upgrade

Still a great device 3 years on and supports HQPlayer up to DSD 512 over USB, though I use DSD 256 which works great for me.

If the Pro 4 supported Chromecast I would buy one for the HDMI input from my man cave TV and free up the Toslink and move the 3 to my bedside table :grin:

If I want to use HQPlayer volume do I have to turn off DirectDSD? The preamp does have some kind of volume control and remote control, but I’m sure the HQP is better? Genelecs don’t come until next week, so I’m just thinking about options…

In my mind, I was thinking that now 40k will be broken, but in the last round, one core rises to 100 degrees and the result is 20p behind… Finally, right after, I ran another memory test.