HQPlayer Embedded Discussion [2021-2022]

OK, thanks both @jussi_laako @Stefano_Antonelli , its working now, not sure what I was doing wrong.

Anyway - NIC installed on HQPlayer machine. Just installed NAA for RPI4 rather than ropieee. Testing now.

Shouldn’t be RoPieeeXL, as you can see from my log I’m running two rpi4/RoPieeeXL [both 2022.06.2 (400)] and all is fine

Yes, agreed. I just wanted to check, I am back to RoPieeeXL now.

I have installed 4.32.4, again booting from a memory stick, but using the same system which is running Linux Mint. HQP embedded now says my licence is a trial unfortunately, probably as I have added the NIC (Intel I350-T4 Quad Port Gigabit Ethernet Server Network Card). I will email Jussi.

I still get a message on the embedded machine, here it is. So is the interface dropping to 100mbps? It does not mention an error around checking cabling now though.

I have had a few more stops, that don’t seem to be linked with licence. The last one seems to have come from roon, although not sure why.

• 2022/07/16 14:26:04 NAA output network engine starting

2022/07/16 14:26:04 NAA output network format: 11289600/1/2 [sdm]
    2022/07/16 14:26:04 NAA output network SDM streaming
    2022/07/16 14:26:04 NAA output channels: 2 (2)
  • 2022/07/16 14:26:04 NAA output network engine started at: 11289600
    & 2022/07/16 14:28:47 Stop

• 2022/07/16 14:28:47 NAA output network engine stopping

• 2022/07/16 14:28:49 NAA output network engine stopped
  • 2022/07/16 14:28:49 Playback engine stopped
    & 2022/07/16 14:28:49 
stopped
    2022/07/16 14:28:49 Set volume: -3 +
  • 2022/07/16 14:28:49 Control ended from Roon IP here:41458

Roon does that when it thinks someone else has started controlling HQPlayer. But not sure why it would be the case here.

Morning! I just turned my Embedded machine on, it still referencing 100mbps (not 1000) full Duplex, is that going to be a problem? How much bandwidth does HQP need?

Could there be an erroneous cable somewhere? Something else?

Check that the Ethernet cables are at least cat5e or better cat6, not shielded

The majority of the internal cable is Belden 6a from bluejeans cales. In theory they were all tested and supplied with a report. I do use external grade cat 6a, which I think is shielded, but it has been in use for a while and I tested yesterday and it was showing as working.

Can you go back to the previous router? 
 just to try

I might be able to, but not straightforward.

I can turn off functionality on the Synology too. I was thinking to (re) install my embedded key first. I have also de-selected the Roon ROCK and the endpoints from the router’s Threat Prevention softward and it has then been restarted.

Been off hq player for awhile and trying to log back in for my SonicTransporter. Don’t remember user name and password. It’s not HQPlayer and password. Any help?

Got it now

Did you press ‘Apply’ at the bottom?

Don’t need to use Convolution - you can just use Matrix.

Press ‘Enabled’ and ‘Expand HF’ and in the field to the right, give it a profile name of your choice, then press ‘Save’.

Then you can “Load” this matrix profile that you named and press ‘Apply’ and it will become your default, if you want a default.

And yes, when you select the WAV files, they can be local or USB stick, and should get stored on your Embedded machine, after you save/apply

Before you press play with music, it’s a good idea to ‘Plot’ the corrections, so you can see if you need to add or subtract gain.

and how do you plot the corrections?

I am a novice

thank you for your feedback

Jluc

1 Like

You can see ‘Plot’ there next to each line (channel). You can select 2 lines (channels) at a time to plot.

Then below that table/matrix, press ‘Plot’ button.

hello

to make it simple, I put the filters on the local disk where the music is stored

I started to use “Convolution” and loaded the 2 filters 352.8 Khz as recommended

here is the screenshot

• Convolution activated

• Expand HF checked

Left Set Ok so that means that the file is well loaded !!!
Right Set Ok so it means that the file is well loaded !!!

but which option for Engine ?

Overlap-Add ?
Overlap -Save ?

Sincerely

Hi,

I think someone gave you good advice on other forum, to use Matrix?

HQPlayer Linux Desktop and HQplayer embedded - Page 222 - Software - Audiophile Style

If you really want to use Convolution, you can leave Engine as it already is in your screenshot.

If you press “Help” in the top right corner in your screenshot, you will see explanations for most things.

All the best !

Hello

since a few days I have a problem of loss of reading Hqplayer embedded with Roon after 30 Mn

it stops and when I restart it nothing happens, I have to reboot gentooplayer to restart Hqplayer

this happens on TIDAL Streaming, I did not try on local or radio files

I thought it was the unregistered version of HQplayer

or in About

the license is well indicated with the name and the first name

I could put a screenshot, but this is sensitive data

thank you for your answer

Email is better way to handle any potentially sensitive data.

Hi @jussi_laako, All. I have just joined this forum in search for getting some help on my query. I have been using Daphile for about a couple of years and now my friend encouraged me to try HQPlayer. I have an old desktop that I wanted to make a test bed to see how well HQP embedded works for me. My processor is an ancient Intel i5-2500K Sandy Bridge model. Currently, I only intend to upsample to PCM 384, which should be easy for my old desktop to render.

Anyway, the issue I am facing is that my Gigabyte motherboard, GA-P67-UD3R-B3 Rev 1.1 does not support a UEFI bios and not supports the legacy bios. Hence, even if I try to boot into the HQP embedded OS image, I reach nowhere!

My question being then - Is there a workaround to still get HQPE working on my old desktop which doesn’t support UEFI boot?

Also, I am looking at getting a NUC/MiniPC as a replacement for this old desktop. I was looking at two models which have the following processors:

Intel¼ Coreℱ i5-11300H Processor 3.1GHz (8M Cache, up to 4.4GHz)
OR
AMD Ryzenℱ 5 5500U Processor 2.1GHz (11M Cache, up to 4.0GHz)

Will any of these two be able to act as capable HQPlayer cores? In future also, I will only be required to upsample to DSD256.

Many thanks in advance.