HQPlayer Embedded Discussion [2023]

“Machine Gun sound while music playing”

Edit: “If, by machine gun sound, we mean the music is still playing but sounding like a machine gun, then count me in. It’s happening, outputting via → my DAC->Holo Spring 3 KTE”

I saw this issue happening in another post:

My setup

Spring L3 KTE :fox_face: DSD512x48 / DSD1024x48
ROCK → Cisco Unmanaged Switch → deskmini b660 i913000 Unbuntu HQplayer Embedded → Raspberry NAA → Intona → Spring L3 KTE → ProAc DB1 :loud_sound:

DAC-60 DSD256
ROCK → M2 Macbook Pro (HQplayer) → Cisco Unmanaged Switch → Raspberry NAA → Intona → Accuphase DAC-60 → Accuphase E-280 → ProAc DB1 :loud_sound:

ifi NEO iDSD DSD512x48 :headphones:
ROCK → Mac Mini M1 (HQplayer) → Cisco Unmanaged Switch → GTEK-Mini PC NAA → ifi NEO iDSD → Bayerdinamic T2

In my case how I solved the issue:
Removed the “Intona” on the Holo May it seems it’s defective, this fixed the issue, no single “machine gun” noise now. The DAC-60 has also an Intona but this one is not defective.

1 Like

If you swap Intonas, both DACs work with other Intona?

I don’t want to use the faulty one, I’m concerned it will damage my speakers, but I have swapped the DAC-60 Intona into the Spring 3 KTE and have no issues.

Before

Removed faulty Intona

Testing Intona

Fixed:

It was not an Intona issue but a non standard Hifi cable that was causing the problem as mentioned here:

https://forum.intona.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=32

Changed cable and is all good again!

2 Likes

Please is there any plans to add an option in the menu for basic setup and expert setup in Hqplayer. So that newbies can select an option to play without overwhelming configuration?

I have the same issue. Debian 12 has upgraded the versions of some of the libraries HQPlayer is dependant on so it won’t install anymore (libflac8 has been updated to libflac12, for example).

I tried the trial version of HQPlayer 5 as well and it has the same problem. @jussi_laako needs to release a build of HQPlayer that supports Debian 12, it’s the only way to get it working. Hopefully he’s already looking into it :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Thanks @Neil_Jones . I agree with you. I noticed there was a few issues with the dependencies after the upgrade from 11 to 12. I also read that @jussi_laako was hands on the fix. So, no problem, I can wait.

I’m waiting for Nvidia to release CUDA support for Debian 12. At the moment they support only 10 and 11.

1 Like

Thanks for the update.

I’d assumed Debian 12 had CUDA support as I’d seen it mentioned at NvidiaGraphicsDrivers - Debian Wiki when sorting out the NVIDIA drivers for my laptop. But it’s not referenced on the NVIDIA site as supported.

I’ll be eagerly awaiting the update to your amazing software.

1 Like

After retstarting post vacation activities again, I suddenly found out my HQPlayerd 4 on Ubuntu did not work. It started with a massive Ubuntu update. Nothing that helped. Well update everything, I thought. Replaced the NAA image. Did not help. Downloaded the latest HQPlayerd 4.35.1-161, I was not able to get the Ubuntu installer to start, it treated the software as a threat. I downloaded the 4.31.1.160 instead, same result. Why do not the Ubuntu installer accept the HQPlayerd .deb file and start installing it?

Always use “sudo dpkg -i” to install HQPlayer and related packages.

2 Likes

Hey,

I got his reply using the downloaded .deb file

XXXXXX@XXXXXXX-ubuntu:~$ sudo dpkg -i hqplayerd_4.35.1-161avx2_amd64.deb
dpkg: fel: kan inte komma åt arkivet “hqplayerd_4.35.1-161avx2_amd64.deb”: Filen eller katalogen finns inte

Are you issuing the command in the same directory where you downloaded the image .deb?

Now, I do not understand what you are asking? :slight_smile: The .deb file is in download folder. I thought the command was clever enough to understand to search for the file? Do I have to make another move before installing?
Do I also need to uninstall the old HQPlayerd? I asked it once before and got the answer that the installation fix those issues. Now, I am not sure any longer?
If I do not have to uninstall old app, does the installation process understand to import the key from earlier installed version or do I have to instruct an update about even those basics?
I can’t really understand why the HQPlayerd .deb file is not ready to just install with the Ubuntu desktop installer app in the first place…
Thanks in advance for any helpful insights … :slight_smile:

Yes you do …

No, you can install it over the old one

Don’t know but it’s not a big deal anyway …

When you are updating the package, it won’t touch your configuration or license key.

New HQPlayer OS embedded 5.1.1 has an updated kernel to 6.1.38 from 5.15.xx.
I’ve noticed a CPU improvement. My machine is a Dell Desktop i7 13700, 16gb ram. When using SDM 512x48, I had always had hiccups with 48/96/192k material using ASDM7EC-super 512+fs modulator. ASDM7EC-super always works, now both work with 48k and 96k, 192k is still not there though. Progress is good, thanks Jussi.

1 Like

Probably asked a couple of times, but I will need to update the bios of my Gigabyte MOBO.
Will/can this have any impact on my HQPlayerEmbedded key?

Dirk

It shouldn’t, and has not happened on my machines… But I’ve seen couple of cases where it still does, because the motherboard manufacturer has been sloppy doing the BIOS (by doing it in inconsistent way).

Thanks for your feedback. Crossing my fingers then.
Dirk

I have updated HQPlayer OS embedded to 5.1.1 and at the same time I have updated Roon Server to build 1311. Now Roon no longer connects to HQPlayer. Is anyone here having the same problem?