HQPLAYER new Version 5 Discussion

HQP 4 still works just as before. There’s something else wrong with your setup atm.

Thanks for the nice words, Stefano.

Yes, I am a DBA and worked most of my life in the software business, Also X-Microsoft. If you read my posts carefully, I never said HQP is expensive, but my message has been this type of upgrade is not the best business strategy.

I am unsure if the Roon community, which I respect and its products, is the right platform to discuss this subject. I will gladly do it if Jussi is interested in a casual conversation.

I am an audiophile surrounded by audiophiles who spend tons of money on anything like cables. I own Dave and Mscaler. I will soon buy V5, which is not an issue because it is great value for the money.

Small notes to be considered as a business:

• CVP
  • Product and GTM strategy
  • Customer loyalty strategy
  • Business growth strategy
  • Product maintenance and R&D

One final note from my side. I respect Jessi and how he runs his business. My feedback was as a pure customer. The bugs and customer experience are related to the client and desktop experience.

Regards.
Imad

Thanks, everyone.

I’ll buy HQP when it will be embedded in Roon software, or Roon ROCK as an optionnal plugin to enable. I want HQP replace the Roon DSP, with same global ergonomy and workflow.

6 Likes

Is it possible to download the v5 manual without actually installing v5?
I just wanted to read the description of the new filters before installing.

Thx

Embedded in Roon would be simpler, but why wait for the vastly superior SQ? What if it never happens? I just leave HQPlayer running on an iMac that’s always on anyway and it’s pretty seamless at this point. I connect to my DAC via RopieeXL (running on a Pi4) which is another incredible piece of software.

5 Likes

You can download V5 and just install the manual if you want.
The install is broken out into Server, Client and manual

2 Likes

@patouskii
You may be right.

All I can say is that HQPlayer abruptly stopped working in the last 1-2 weeks after it worked great from the day I bought it in Jan 2023, and I made no other changes to my system. I did install routine MacOS updates, but I’d think many others did that as well.

Out of curiosity, I downloaded 5 last night on the trial license and it worked fine. Went back to 4, and it hung (spinning wheel and ‘HQPlayer not responding’).

HQPlayer 4 and HQPlayer 5 both work great on my up to date M1 Mac mini….I never had a problem with HQPlayer Desktop 4 since I bought it in January, 2023.

I always update the M1 Mac mini right away when updates come out for macOS, Roon, and HQPlayer…

John I had a problem like this in the past, it it was caused by the configuration settings becoming corrupt.

Have you tried going to Help and Clear data

2 Likes

Hello

If we are to be precise.
My lifetime license around 650 (2022).
I’m going to pose a little more … 30-35 years.
How much does it cost per month???
AROUND 20€

Regards

You’re very optimistic … that Roon will live so much …

As optimistic as a buyer who paid for HQ P a month ago and can now pay again

Regards

If you paid recently for 4 I’d look into the upgrade today. I thought I read the discount was on a sliding scale that decreased as time since purchase increased.

I know I was quite pleasantly surprised with my options.

1 Like

Yep, read first, complain later (or not)….

I had a conflict with the simultaneous installation of versions 4 and 5 resolved by cleaning the registry for both. After reinstallation, they are already working independently, with 5 being tested, and with no apparent problem. Thanks for the replies.

Jussi posted this about the how it is calculated…

1 Like

I would like to see HQPlayer integrated into Roon so that the DSP results could be streamed over RAAT, no more directly physical connection via USB or any kind of cables, except ethernet cable.

1 Like

Buy an NAA DAC (HQPlayer built in)

Some mentioned in this thread:

I know, I have already had a $40,000 Linn streamer that only accepts hires music from its optic ethernet socket, the other sockets like USB, Optical Toslink, are there just for conveniences. So ideally, I would like HQPPlayer streams data via Roon RAAT.

Sell the DAC and get a T und A ! :smiley:

3 Likes