Hqplayer4 / Roon / Mac mini sound preference audio output

I am running Roon Core on a 2018 Mac mini with 3.6Ghz (G3) and 16 mb of ram and just installed HQplayer4. I am using a USB cable between the Mac mini and a Peachtree Nova 220SE. I mainly use Qobuz for music. I am also at present running everything off the Mac mini.

The issue I am having is switching between using HQplayer4 via Roon and the Sound preferences for audio outputs on the Mac mini. I can listen to music using HQPlayer4. But when I stop playing music and then try to listen to utube or any website with sound, the audio output on the Mac mini is automatically changed to a different output. Oddly, I can switch the output back using system preferences; however, it doesn’t actually change the output. When I click on the sound icon at the top menu and try to switch back to the Peachtree, the icon spins and never switches.

If I quit HQPLayer, I can reset the audio output. Once I have restarted HQPlayer and listened to music, as soon as I try to play anything directly off the Mac, I can no longer change the output device.

I hope this makes sense. It’s a weird situation.

Hey @Carey_Bacon,

Thanks so much for reaching out, it’s great to hear from you!

For this situation, it sounds like you’re running into an issue of HQPlayer taking over your native output settings on your Mac Mini. With this, I would suggest getting in touch with HQPlayer support specifically for additional help on the matter. Here is a link to where you can get in touch.

Another resource we have available is over in the Gear Talk thread within Community. We have many users who also use HQPlayer that may have additional information to share. Take a look here!

Let me know if you have any other questions here!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.