HQPlayer's EQ and not Roon

Hello my Sonictransport, Roon and HQPlayer are again on speaking terms. Now I have to move on with the EQ.
I would like to transport the Roon EQ to HQPlayer Matrix.
Is it possible to make a .txt file from all the settings of that particularly EQ and put it in the Matrix?

1 Like

Indeed. A sample of mine below to show you the format.

Btw @jussi_laako REW spits supports “LS Q” (with the space) and when I enter this in .txt file for my other headphones , and check the HQP plot it doesn’t do anything - for HQPlayer I need to use “LSQ” (no space). Has this changed with REW? If I didn’t check plot I wouldn’t have noticed.

Preamp: -5.0 dB
Filter  1: ON  HP	Fc   1.0  Hz
Filter  2: ON  PK   Fc   425.00 Hz  Gain   2.00 dB  Q  0.500

Looks like this time REW has changed their format, so it is not the standard one. But I have now made adjustments to the parser for next release so that it also understands this variation.

Good idea to use the plot to check that you get what you want!

Of course safest to just type in things in HQPlayer’s syntax, then HQPlayer doesn’t need to convert from from one syntax to another…

1 Like

Is there a full list of HQP syntax? Tis in the manual? :grin: I can check back home

Yes, it is in the manual. I recommend writing each section on a separate line Notepad for example, and then concatenating those into a comma separated string when done. This improves the readability.

1 Like