Huawei 5G CPE Pro

Roon Core Machine

Running Mac Mini M1 8gb

Networking Gear & Setup Details

NETGEAR 5 Port Gigabit Network Switch (GS305)
Ethernet
Nord VPN

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    Three UK
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Huawei 5G CPE Pro
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    No
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    No

Connected Audio Devices

HiFi Berry LAN
Airplay Wifi
Chromecast Wifi

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“92.40.72.3”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.8.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

Have enabled Upnp within router settings and toggled on and off with no luck.
NAT mode on router settings is set to cone.
Changed the IP address from using DHCP to manually and replaced with the Roon Core IP within my Mac Network settings with no luck

Any help appreciated

Hi Tom,

Cellular internet users may have CGNAT service. ARC requires a public ip, you might have to ask your ISP if that is possible for you.

For more info and potential workarounds see this thread

Hi Tom,

Checking back to see how you are getting on.

Thanks very much for the response. I do have Nord VPN and will look in to the other options you have suggested. I’ll report back once I’ve had a go

Please let us know how things are going, @Tom_Renardson.

Thanks,
Wes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.