Huge Battery Drain on MacBook Pro & iPhone

Hi Noris,
Any word from QA?

Thx.

Hi @Kentlands,

Thanks for your patience here! Yes, I did hear back from QA and they have mentioned that this type of power consumption is atypical for Roon. We have a few suggestions that might help:

1. Have you reboot your Mac recently and the behavior is still the same after a reboot? We did not see a reboot mentioned in the thread, so this would be a good starting point.

2. Does the same issue occur even when there are no other apps running except for Roon?

3. What does Intel Power Gadget show when Roon is running and you are in this state?

4. What does the battery usage show under About this Mac -> Power -> Cycles for battery health info? Is the battery in a normal range?

5. Is there any change in behavior with a PRAM or NVRAM reset on the Mac?+

Hi Noris,
Thank you. It is reassuring to hear that this type of power consumption is atypical for Roon.

To answer your questions:

1. I have rebooted the MacBook and the same behavior exists post reboot.
  2. The same issue occurs if no other apps are running other than Roon.
  3. I have pasted screenshots of the Intel Power Gadget dashboard when the issue occurs.
  4. Battery cycles are quite high for my MacBook battery at 1069. I plan on having the battery replaced late this week and hopefully that will help. In spite of the battery age, other apps are not depleting the battery at anywhere near this rate.
  5. No change in behavior after the PRAM/NVRAM reset and reboot.

Thanks again for your help. I will let you know if the situation improves once I swap out the battery.

1 Like

Hi @Kentlands,

Thanks for the additional info! Let me get your screenshots over to QA to see if there are any clues from the Intel Power Gadget output. Also, do let us know how it goes with the battery swap, thanks!

Any update on this. The batter on my MacBook Pro is draining very very fast when running Roon

Hi @Klas_Norden,

There were some improvements in this area with an older release of ours, see:

If you are still seeing this behavior, can you please open a new thread in #support?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.