I can not connect to my roon server on my Mac (server IS running) - Waiting for your Roon Server...

Roon Server Machine

NUC i7, 16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Roon Server connected to McIntosh MA12000 via USB and to ethernet router ASUS AX6600 Model XT8 via cable.

Computer is Mac Pro 12-core Intel running Ventura 13.3.1 - I don’t use a VPN.

Connected Audio Devices

USB from server to McIntosh MA12000 Dac-module. Also connected (via Coax) is Cambridge CXN v2 streamer. I use Tidal, it works fine on the Cambridge streamer.

Number of Tracks in Library

5000 tracks

Description of Issue

I get the same “Waiting for your roon server” and nothing happens. I have rebooted many times (server, computer, router).

I can access the server - see interface, put files unto its drive etc. but the ROON app won’t connect to it.

Add images

Looking cursorarily at this I noticed:

• The server has only been up for 10 seconds. Is this because you have only just powered it on or is it continually restarting for some reason.
  • You have a static ip address configured - 192.168.50.153. is this within the subnet configured by your router? What is your routers ip address?
  • You have no gateway ip address set. This would typically be the ip address of your router.
  • You have no DNS server setup.

You only state that you use the ASUS router via cable - I take this to mean that there are no other routers/access points involved in the connection between the router and the Roon Server.

Lastly, do you have the firewall exceptions in place as described at:

1 Like