I cannot listen Music from Qobuz when Qobuz is set at 24 bit/96KHz or 24 bit/192Hz

Hi @Marc_BESCHI,

I’ve activated diagnostics mode for your account and what this action does is automatically upload a set to our servers.

I’m looking over the log and it looks like you had an issue when trying to play 16/44 content to the Allo, so I don’t believe this issue is related to 24/96 or 24/192:

06/03 19:24:20 Trace: [ALLO] [Lossless, 16/44 QOBUZ FLAC => 16/44] [100% buf] [PLAYING @ 0:00] Booty - Erykah Badu
06/03 19:24:20 Debug: [easyhttp] [698] POST to https://www.qobuz.com/api.json/0.2/track/reportStreamingStart? returned after 101 ms, status code: 200
06/03 19:24:20 Trace: [snd_allo_digione] [raatclient] GOT [7] {"status":"Playing"}
06/03 19:24:21 Info: 
--[ SignalPath ]---------------------------------------------
SignalPath Quality = Lossless
Elements:
    Source Format=Flac 44100/16/2  Quality=Lossless
    Raat Device=snd_allo_digione
    Output OutputType=Local_Alsa Quality=Lossless SubType= Model=snd_allo_digione
------------------------------------------------------------
06/03 19:24:21 Critical: [easyhttp] [680] Get https://www.qobuz.com/api.json/0.2/track/getFileUrl?format_id=6&intent=stream&request_sig=a94d01ff8a496ef138ab36f8e4668036&request_ts=1591212251&track_id=714597 web exception without response: : System.Net.WebException: Name or service not known Name or service not known
 ---> System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: Name or service not known
 ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (0xFFFDFFFF): Name or service not known
   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Net.Http.ConnectHelper.ConnectAsync(String host, Int32 port, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.ConnectAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean allowHttp2, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.CreateHttp11ConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.GetHttpConnectionAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpConnectionPool.SendWithRetryAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, Boolean doRequestAuth, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.RedirectHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.DecompressionHandler.SendAsync(HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at System.Net.Http.HttpClient.FinishSendAsyncUnbuffered(Task`1 sendTask, HttpRequestMessage request, CancellationTokenSource cts, Boolean disposeCts)
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.SendRequest()
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.EndGetResponse(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---

This makes me believe this issue is networking-related. How are your DNS servers set up - are you using Google / Cloudflare / Quad9? Are you using the latest firmware on your router?

Also, does the issue reproduce if you use your Mac as the Core?

• Open Roon on the other PC you wish to try as the Core
  • Roon Settings -> General
  • Disconnect
  • On the “Choose your Core” screen, press “Use this PC”
  • If asked to Unauthorize, you can go ahead and do so. You are limited to one active Roon Core at a time but you are free to switch between them as often as you’d like.
  • Verify if the same behavior occurs on the different PC

Hi Noris,

Effectively yesterday I had issues even when playing at 16 bits.
At 16 bits the music stopped but its occurs very few times and I can still playback music.
At 24 bits it doesn’t work at all, it stops all times.
I arrived to the same conclusion that it must be the network, so this morning I connected the NUC Roon Core and the Allo streamer directly to the router instead of connecting to the switch.
and it works since, I don’t understand why as the switch has Gbps ports but it works.
Hope this is the final statement. :slight_smile:
Thank you very much for your support.

1 Like

Hi @Marc_BESCHI,

Glad to hear that bypassing the switch worked!

I did a bit more research on this switch and I see that it has " D-Link Green Technology", which looks like it’s IEEE 802.3az Energy-efficient Ethernet (EEE). This might have been the cause, as EEE has caused some issues in the past. In either case, glad to hear you’re up-and-running and if there are further issues, just let us know!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.