Mac mini 2018. macOS Monterey 12.0.1

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Lumin D2

Number of Tracks in Library

119,000 tracks

Description of Issue

I cannot remove one artist from a tag: Robin Guthrie. Others can be removed. Pls help -

Screen Shot 2021-11-25 at 1.20.11 PM

For me, I go to the Artist page, click the 3 dot menu, choose Add a Tag (which is also where you remove one, I know I’ve complained about the naming confusion), then uncheck the active Tag on the artist and Save.

1 Like

Thanks Daniel. I normally go to ‘Tags’ and remove them from there, and for this artist it says it has removed the tag but it just stays there.

Just tried your method (a good idea) but under this particular artist, no tags are showing checked. But I know the artist isn’t actually removed because when I shuffle this tag almost every other track that comes up in the queue is Cocteau Twins, Robin Guthrie’s band.

This appears to be a bug.

It shows you having Tagged composers. Are you sure you didn’t tag him as a composer as well. Tags set at artist level and composer level are different and have to be removed independently of each other. So, If I tag Peter Gabriel as an artist and as a composer, I have to remove the tag under both screens, artist and then composer.

1 Like

Another good possibility, just checked, but no, he’s not added as a composer or artist. I’ve rescanned the tag and looked for other connections but it’s clean.