I cannot see roonbridge windows after install in windows 10 PC

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

NUC 5i5RYH (ROCK/Version 1.0 (build 227) /Serial #94C6911E49DB)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Pioneer N-70a USB connection

Description Of Issue

I have installed and used roon core in a windows 10 notebook shortly. And I wanted to change it as roonbridge because i moved roon core to a new intel nuc pc. In the process, I couldn’t remove windows 10 roon core completely because I accidentally closed windows 10 in the course of removing roon core.

Now, I have a roon core in intel nuc pc and control it with android mobile. But I can’t use roonbridge in the windows 10 pc. In the PC, roonbridge or roonserver programs could be installed successfully, but I cannot see the roon windows at all.

Please let me know the way removing previous installed roon software completely. I already tried removing roon software in control panel and reinstalled it but failed to see roon windows.

Best wishes,
Soojae

In order to see the bridge you need a dac or sound device connected, you also should turn off any firewalls on roon installations to troubleshoot

Thanks for answer.
N-70a is network player including DAC and I connected it to separated pre and power amps.
My problem is that the roon software was installed without error message, but when I double-click roon icon, the roon window is not opening.

Roon bridge has no GUI it’s essentially a driver that allows a dac normally on usb or a sound card in the pc to be seen over the network by the Roon core or server. You need to add the endpoint in settings audio on a roon remote. There should be an icon in the lower bar icons on the right side on windows or Mac in the top menu bar. You will need to right check on it once it’s running and select run on startup.

I installed GUI software (Roon), and my problem was solved completely.
Thank you very much

1 Like

The GUI includes the server and bridge processes but while the Server component needs to be specifically activated the bridge runs in the background while the GUI runs.

Hello @lsjlsjj, glad you got help here! Please let me know if you have further questions.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.