I don’t like 1.8 - it feels like a massive failure

Like another one say: “Sorry detractors, I’m loving the new look.”

No major Problem with the new version. i like it.

1.8 is a good version :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Be honest to hard working people who have one aim: to satisfy their customers.

Let’s start by listening to your customers, if you want to satisfy them… Sure they work hard, like me…

A post was merged into an existing topic: Roon 1.8 (Build 748/753) Feedback

Thanks for pointing that out. There’s such a mass of feedback that it’s difficult to see who has said what about what. I’m relieved if its a bug.

That’s not something I’ve noticed and as it happens I’ve done little but mess with DSP of late. My first thoughts are the DSP page is more stable on both iOS and the cutback Android screen. I’ve always “accepted” crashes here on both phone and tablet in 1.7. My first thoughts on 1.8 are that it’s more stable here.

Absolute black is perfect on OLED screens, but I also think the user should have the choice like many other Apps give.

3 Likes

@Ethan_S IOS may crash for you when selecting DSP but that doesn’t mean it is crashing for everyone, maybe it is more nuanced than the IOS app is broken?

Totalmente de acuerdo. Además los fallos en la APP de IOS es constante. Es imposible entrar en los ajustes de Roon. Espero lo solucionen todo a la mayor brevedad posible.

1 Like

Agreed. The beta testers should be sacked with immediate effect.
However this morning I reinstalled Roon OS on rock and everything is working much better. I’m sure we are going to have a few weeks of tweaking updates. But I’m a positive thinker… We are going to be better off…
M

3 Likes

No, Thomas…it‘s not the first time dealing with new software. But the first time that I see such an amateurish release…No problems with some glitches…but in fact I cannot use Roon on my iPad anymore. That is not acceptable.
And regarding the 12 bucks…Imagine that some people have also invested in a Nucleus or a dedicated ROCK Server and in a lifetime license.
And if this release reflects the quality we can expect in the future then these investments are for the bin.

11 Likes

Although I didn’t experience any bugs so far with the macOS version I have the impression that the “mouse-click” response suffered compared to the previous version. I took the chance today to clean up my library which involved a lot of “clicks” and I felt myself clicking twice or even three times to execute the functions.

3 Likes

New look and feel I am greatly enjoying. Every UI needs a refresh sometimes - some will like, some will hate. That’s UI for you. Drama about waveform? Well not sure about you lot, but I don’t spend a whole lot of time ‘watching the waveform’ while listening to music.

There’s a few minor bugs, sure they will get cleared up quite quickly by the team. Other than that, my music plays, my iOS devices all updated and happy. Time for some music!

Nice work Roonies!

11 Likes

Something odd going on here, which must be very platform specific, as I have had a very GOOD experience with iOS (iPhone 12), Fire HD 10 and Windows 10 to date. I love the new interface and my only grumble is to do with some wasted space in the UI layout (that and an odd use of a serif font for the main heading).
For all of the issues to crop up, it may well be the case that either geographic servers are struggling and/or the range of hardware used for beta testing was limited? BTW, I was NOT a beta tester.

That could be. Verifying no crashes myself on the English version with the iPhone 12 Pro Max and iPad Pro 10.5.

Not accurate. I’m getting consistent crashes on iOS using the English version. This is on iPad Pro and iPhone 12 Pro.

1 Like

Working good in the iMac in the office too. And to the Bluesound endpoints I forgot to mention.

I’m not seeing issues with settings in the desktop app, or any crashes in the IOS releases, sorry for that.

I’ll investigate the UI - reminds me of when I first moved from Tidal to Quobuz…

Hey Roon Team, 1.8 is great. As a newish subscriber my view was the UI was always the weak point. 1.8 is great and is the UI/UX refresh that is much needed. People just don’t like change. It’s far more enjoyable to use 1.8 than 1.7. So please disregard the nasty complaints. We all know you’ll work to resolve bugs. That’s normal. Just don’t compromise on the great UI design decisions you’ve made well done Roon!

13 Likes

Ultrawide is now in main view pathetic - the UI of the track playing at bottom is compressed to middle of screen, and just waste of space at sides.

Please give consideration to ultrawide 3440x1440 in this case users and use the available screen space.

I dont expect Roon updates to make me want to go back a version because of UI, but there it is you have made me want to downgrade.

3 Likes

You’ve got great taste in music, my friend!

I’m sure they will but give them time. You’ve complained about this in multiple threads. I’m sure the bulk of their users are not on ultra wides and those who are can easily use Remote until concerns can be resolved. Bugs that impact all users will obviously be addressed first.