I don’t like 1.8 - it feels like a massive failure

No, it isn’t exactly what you said. You said: “I‘m sure its high on their plate.” That’s an opinion; I stated a fact. But perhaps I should have repeated what 20 people have already said for inclusion in this thread :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Re boot all your digital devices…maybe even twice…what have you got to lose?

Where did you hear this?

Danny posted it in another thread last weekend.

I really like the new design - seems clean and intuitive.
Sure, there are a couple of edges that need smoothing off, but that is pretty normal.
Recommendations seem good, everything is easy to find.

:+1:

3 Likes
1 Like

Also worthy of note is that many on our team have been using 1.8 for over 6 months now, and the phone has become the dominant interface.

Now we know why there’s so much wasted space on a 10.5” ipad. Perhaps I should use my phone?

1 Like

Hilarious…

How in the world does one pirate software that phones home every other picosecond?

2 Likes

The same way foreign operatives breach a country’s networks.

Reverse engineer and apply the necessary patches?

3 Likes

Just asking for a friend no doubt :wink:

1 Like

:rofl:

Honest curiosity. I’m wondering, what with the double security of the embedded serial and the login combined with the constant calls on the Roon servers if a pirate version of Roon can run.

And honestly, Roon isn’t expensive enough for someone to go to extraordinary lenghts to crack it. Though you never know.

2 Likes

Same here. I’m a lifetime sub and I was genuinely curious, as well. Seems preposterous on its face, but, I guess people who know how can manage anything if they’re motivated enough.

I think it was hinted that a lot of piracy has its origins in Asia, Russia and South America.

In the old Adobe cracks they used to stop the client from phoning home

Seriously? I’m not going to publically post a link to the pirate forums, but there are many thousands of pirates out there. I’ll PM you the link – please do not share it, and if you do look into it, please retract your inflammatory statement on this thread.

5 Likes

Responding to the real hard hitting stuff about quality… of pirating.

1.8 wants one to never use Room again. One struggles to find anything, the numbering of songs on playlists has vanished which is stupidity (who in his right mind cleared this, as it was a useful tool), the header is so big that on an iPad or Samsung we can now hardly see the lists, the dark is so dark that it makes one depressed, the filters are completely changed in the way they work and nothing has been done to improve the sound quality. The worst upgrade in history of music by anyone

5 Likes

Of course not it’s easier to whine …

1 Like

Yes with one album loaded Hunky Dory :rofl::rofl::rofl: