I found that if I didn't turn on arc for a few days, arc couldn't connect to the core

Roon Core Machine

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I found that if I didn’t turn on ARC for a few days, ARC couldn’t connect to the core, and I needed to restart the roon service to connect normally.

When we found this problem, it was very devastated because we couldn’t listen to music.

(Translated by the translation software, I don’t know if the translation software is correct, please try to understand what I mean.)

Hi @junbiao_jiang,

Thank you for your patience as we worked through our queue to reach your report.

One limitation of ARC is that reauthenticating your account (ie. logging in) requires your Core machine to remain online at home. This means that after a period of a few hours to a few days of Offline Mode playback (depending on your phone’s security settings and connectivity conditions) you’ll eventually need to log back in, which requires your Core machine to be online back at home. Closing the app will similarly prompt a login, which will require your Core to be online at home.

In other much rarer cases, ARC will fail to sync with your Core, and the best remedy is to reboot your Core machine. This similarly requires a knowledgeable hand on-site when you’re away - not always a guarantee.

In either case, we understand your frustration. There are steps you can take over in the #tinkering section, such as remote reboot of your Core, to allow for greater troubleshooting capability with ARC - Core connection issues whilst on the road.

Do you see any diagnostics presented in the Roon ARC tab in Roon Settings? Are you having any issues with ARC or the Roon Remote app on your home network?

This problem has disappeared since the version update .

How do I remotely reboot Roon Core?

Hi @junbiao_jiang,

There are several more involved workarounds discussed in threads such as this one: Is there anyway to log remotely to restart the Roon Core? - #18 by Johnny_Ooooops

I recommend searching around the forum, but keep in mind that network-external access to your Core (other than via ARC) is outside the officially supported functions of Roon, so we can’t give recommendations or advice beyond what other users suggest in #tinkering and #roon.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.