I have a serious problem Please Refund Request

as you can see the most of my collection is not recognised
i decide to give roon a full try and i pay for a year sub… now im in regret stage…
i use the default settings btw.
if this cant be fixed please make a refund to me.

1 Like

Hi. Welcome to the forum.

I have over 2.300 Artists in Roon, and as you can see in my screenshot, there are also some artist photos missing. But is this really an issue? (Btw: you can add pictures for any artist by yourself).
When you go to albums, I’m pretty sure, 100% will be displayed with a photo. Can you check that?

I use Roon now for over 2 years and actually never uses the artist overview. I use my playlists or genres or search for music - where I most likely go to albums / songs directly. I always see pictures and I’m very happy.

My recommendation: Give it a try and use Roon for some days and then evaluate again.

1 Like

well i like it! now i making a skin for it to my taste…but its 100euro for a year its pricy and the main feature dont work correctly… i dont wanna manually add covers cause its suppose to added by the app…

Hi,

Philipp has already answered this question, but I’m not sure if you picked it up.

On your library menu select ‘Albums’ instead of ‘Artists’. I would expect you to see that virtually all of your album covers are there’.

I have around 3K albums in my Roon library (local NAS + Tidal), and only a tiny number (probably less than 10) do not have album art displayed correctly.

Artist photographs were rather different. I had a similar sort of display to yours, although not quite so dramatic. However, over a period of time I have added my own photos of artists for most of my collection. I’m not sure why Roon’s database of artist photos is limited, but it’s very easy to add them gradually over a period of time.

I tend to browse my Library using ‘Album’ rather than ‘Artist’, and so this was never a real problem for me.

1 Like

i talk about artist photos and metadata not album cover my friend
im not gonna use workaround or to change the way i browse my music…

Of course not.

I am not sure why Roon is not able to find artwork for so many artists. Maybe it’s a copyright issue and they have to get permission.

dont know why… but its vital for an app with price to work as expected…

That’s fine. If this isn’t suitable for you Roon’s policy is clear:

What is your refund policy?

We offer a 100% money-back guarantee during the first 30 days of your yearly subscription . You can contact us up to 30 days after a charge for a yearly subscription for a full refund. Note that there are no refunds for lifetime subscriptions.
I can also flag @accounts for you. Sorry to see you go.

i dont wanna go but im forced to, i love the remote app i like the theme engine gives me some good staff to do…even if it needs serious improvemt…but i loved more the idea of orgnanized music without fuzz…
so sad but i need to go…

Well that’s good!
Certainly there are a few artists you list that are really out of the mainstream. But you should be getting artists for Nickleback and Coldplay.
there may be something wrong with how Roon is reading your library. Support can help with that.

i tried everyhing in app settings and nothing works…
i hope for future improvement…
i say it once more, the support is awsome and im glad im here at least for a bit…
i hope the refund process goes ok

How long have you had roon for? I’m just asking to see if you have given it time to download the images. This involves leaving your core turned on overnight so it can get the job done.

i run it at least for 7 hours straight

According to Roon themselves the price of Roons subscription is based on the high price of subscriptions per user to external data sources, it’s not the software that’s so expensive. Paying a large amount of money and still don’t get any permission would be very bad deal.

i see and i understand how it works… but…there is a big sad but…

Depending on your library size and Internet speed it may not be enough? Just a easy suggestion work a go.

Let me ask you this. Do you expect every single artist to have a photo displayed, or the greater proportion of artists? This is why I ask. Roon gets Artist photos from their metadata service. If the artist is obscure, the metadata service won’t have a photo.
BUT: You should have photos from bands like Blink182, Coldplay, and Nickelback. I see them when I search the artist on Roon. If you search for Nickelback, does it come up blank or with an artist?
If the answer is “I have to get a photo from every single artist automatically”, Roon wont work for you.
If getting most of the artists is acceptable, Roon Support may be able to help you through whatever is wrong here.

1 Like

vdsl 100 and my library 32gb

it comes empty the search of nickelback
yeap i know my friend i expected something else sadly its a nice app but…

Do you know if you have a separate file folder that may be storing images? Depending on how you acquired your library, some photos might be located there. Another user had this problem and fixed it as follows: