I have enabled port forwarding but Roon ARC still cannot access Roon Core

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus +

I have a Roon Nucleus +.
I worked with my router support team and have enabled port forwarding, but the Roon ARC was unable to securely access my Roon Core.
I need technical support from Roon.

My router is a Netgear Nighthawk R8000.
The Nucleus+ is connected via ethernet cable.
I do not have a VPN.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

My router is a Netgear Nighthawk R8000-100NAS.
The Nucleus+ is connected via ethernet cable.
I do not have a VPN.

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    AT&T
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Netgear Nighthawk R8000-100NAS
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    No
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    No

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“45.xxx.xxx.xxx”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

To be sure the port forwarding is working, go to Open Port Check Tool - Test Port Forwarding on Your Router and check if your port 55000 is open.

Also, you may want to hide your external ip from your post above, for security reasons.

How can I hide that? I’ve never posted anything like this before.

I tested the port using the Open Port Check tool and apparently it is closed.

If Netgear Technical Support doesn’t know how to open a port on my Netgear router, what would you suggest I try next, please?

Tom, I edited most of your public IP address. Are you using AT&T Fiber, DSL, or fixed wireless service?

AT&T fiber

Thanks, do you have the Pace 5268AC gateway or one of the BGW210 or BGW320 gateways? You will need to create a port forwarding rule on whatever AT&T provided you.

Are you saying that in addition to the port forwarding rule that’s been added to my Netgear router, I also have to set up port forwarding on my AT&T model / router?

Tom

Yes, based on my AT&T Fiber configuration using the Pace gateway. I need identical port forwarding rules on both the Pace and my ASUS router I use for WiFi and my LAN.

Hi @Tom_Gurgui ,

Have you been able to configure the port forwarding rules for your AT&T modem? Is ARC working now for you? Let us know when you have a chance!

Hello,

YES! I removed the Netgear router from my system (I used to have both an AT&T gateway and a Netgear router) and reset the AT&T gateway so that it functions as both the modem and the router. Once I did this, I was able to open the port and now Roon ARC is working perfectly!

I was able to use Roon ARC on my cell phone from 5 miles away from my house. What a fantastic product!!!

Thank you!

Tom

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.