I just think for the price there should be white glove service

I made another post because roon glitched out and I couldn’t even listen to the album I was trying to add, not even my local version. I couldn’t even remove the album from my library, and trying to fix track grouping would bring up a menu with 0 tracks.

I restarted the roon core on my NAS and that did the trick.

I just think for the price there should be white glove service. Community support with volunteer mods etc is ok if you have an free open source program. I mean I can’t even file a bug report.

the first few minutes with Roon I was in love, but my god is it ever a headache

1 Like

I am still in love with Roon and I purchased a lifetime licence.
You should study the forum: You would find the section for bug reports and reactions of responsibles to such reports. There are regular updates after 4-6 weeks. It is not only a community forum.

I would love to love it! I hesitated for too long. It’s just extremely disappointing that I’m jumping through hurdles, reading support forums, and wrestling with glitches instead of enjoying and exploring music. I would happily purchase a lifetime license if these bugs weren’t so rampant. And I have seen tons of posts with “responsibles” responding and no indication of a bug report or anything being made. I mean people complaining of the same issues for months and years with no fix. To be able to restart roon core and not have it totally glitched forever is not a solution IMO. It’s a bandaid. It’s the bare minimum, but I’ve seen several posts where that’s the solution and no indication that they’ll look any further into it. That makes me very hesitant to go all in.

1 Like

There is support, but it’s not instant not the fastest but it is there it’s not all community but everyone tries to help.

Post following the template in the support section tag it with @support and give as much details as possible.

You say your running core on a NAS, is it up to the job and meets Roons minimum requirements for a core?

If you just setup your core do you have a large local library? Have you checked if it’s finished processing it as this takes time for a new install and on lesser hardware it can grind to a halt.

What is your setup network?

Understood. You are one of them which had bad luck. Most of the users have no problems. I am satisfied too (with little exceptions). ■■■■ happens. I hope the hurdles will be fade away. Have fun with Roon.

1 Like

Alternatively, this might be a good time to walk away. Not everything is for everyone, my own experiences have been that Roon is awesome - but it does help if you dive in deep; I went from a newb running the core on a Mac Mini to having a NUC built in a fan less case/updating my ISP to full fibre to the house and network bridges within six weeks.

Once this was all in place, I went lifetime and have had nothing but seriously good sounds since then.

Does Roon work without the deep dive, yes, but it works better with it imho.

3 Likes

Thanks for your opinion.

+1
Like a mentioned in my post in the “Keeping an open mind” thread, a real ticketing system is what is needed for an application that considers itself a SOTA system for audiophiles. A forum like this is fine for things like Volumio or its cousin RuneAudio WHEN THEY WERE FREE.

Or at least a support/technical only forum

And let the discussion forums be free (as in freedom from the audiophile mob)

2 Likes