I messed something up: This version of Roon is not compatible with your database

Ok, I would like to hear from them then. Thanks for your support.

When can I expect to hear from them?

Your issue will be in their queue. However, they are a small team (4 people) and the queue is overwhelming them a bit at the moment. They will respond as soon as they are able.

Hi @Dirk_Hoksberg,

Please try the following steps and let us know if it resolves the issue for you:

• Verify that you still have a copy of the Backup you were attempting to restore above
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon Database Location
  • Find the folder that says “Roon”
  • Rename the “Roon” folder to “Roon_old”
  • Reinstall the Roon App from our Downloads Page to generate a new Roon folder. Here is a direct link to the Roon install of the latest version on PC: https://download.roonlabs.net/builds/RoonInstaller64.exe
  • Verify if the issue persists on a fresh database before restoring the Backup

We’ll keep a lookout for your response and will respond promptly now that you’re top of the queue. Thank you for your patience.

The issue with the database is gone so thats good! The backup I have is a 1,8 backup from a year ago.

1 Like

You can restore a 1.8 backup into a 2.0 system. However, any edits that you made to Roon’s metadata since you took the backup won’t be included, obviously.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.