I must be going mad

I just received the email about Ropieee update to 2024.02. I checked and I hadn’t updated to 2024.01, so I did. I use XL but there is no update for 2024.02 yet.

After the download and approval and reboot, I loaded Roon and saw nothing on my zone settings. My Roon server can’t find my RP4. Is it the update or have I forgotten how to use Roon after 2 years of using?

You could provide a screenshot of what you see in Ropieee’s config page? :slight_smile:
That’ll simplify the diagnosis! :smiley:

OK. Where do I find that please?

Use your web browser to connect to RoPieee’s web administration interface, e.g.:

Oh that - screenshot atttached

And this is one of the settings/audio page in Roon. As you can see the RPi4/Ropieee is missing.

Whoops,

1 Like

Try de-selecting the Allo and select “no HAT”.
Allow the reconfigure/reboot
Then revisit the setting section and once more select your HAT and go through the required reboot?

(A reconfiguration, sort of!)

@John_Rainey Can you send me feedback?

1 Like

I carried out the procedure of removing hat/rebooting and adding back the hat and rebooting. No change. So I closed down the Roon server and rebooted the PC. Again no change, the RPi4 is not being seen.

I assume it must be the the update 2024.01.1 (1292).

Is it possible to revert to the previous one, or indeed the recent one issued but not recieved yet?

Please send feedback to @spockfish, as he requested.

The “Send Feedback” button is at the bottom of the Advanced page in the web administration interface.

I’ve never noticed that before, thanks. The notifier is 7e837cf31328bc24

I sent it and thanks for replying.

Hi @John_Rainey

First of all the good news: you’re not going mad :wink:

Now the not so good news: NTP is not working in your environment (probably a firewall thingie on your side or on your ISP’s side) and the fallback is not working either because… well … me :wink:

But because there’s no proper time synchronization the download of RoonBridge is failing. And that’s the reason there’s a no show in Roon.

2 options:

• fix NTP on your side, but unless you know what I’m talking about… that’s not an option I guess
  • I’ll make a fix and provide a beta build

Thanks

Well this made my check my RoPieee and I haven’t updated since 2022 haha. Guess I shall fix that now…

Many thanks for the swift analysis. The NTP issue is my ISP. I’m in the Philippines and PLDT, the ISP, is often having issues with that. Not a lot I can do but wait for them to do something.

So I hope your beta works. Fingers crossed.

When do you think the latest version will arrive (a little bit to tongue in cheek :smile:)

Can you test it? It’s out.

Change to the beta channel (you can do that on the advanced tab), follow instructions and wait. Within a a few hours you should get a notification stating that an update is available.

Let me know how it goes. Thanks.

Wilco, thanks

Hasn’t arrived yet. Should I reboot Ropieee now and again?

Just wait with a bit of patience …

1 Like